Never been to Dutch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68:
I'm considering diving Dutch Springs on Saturday, April 10th.

I've never been there before but I've looked at the website.

1. For people who have been there this time of year, do you think that it will be too cold for a 7mm Henderson semi-dry?

2. I know that I'll need a buddy. Is it realistic for me to coordinate with someone ahead of time to meet me there and dive together? (I live in Connecticut but will be visiting my in-laws in New Jersey. I'd like to escape for part of Saturday for some diving....)

Thanks.

Hey there,
Any Connecticut / Tri-state area divers heading up to Dutch in the near future? I'm currently taking Rescue classes and plan on some trips up there to work on skills etc.
I'm still diving wet, 7mm but need some dive time so I'll tough it out. Hoping temps may have warmed up a little. Looking for someone to buddy up occasionally for weekend (or blow off work Friday deals) dives.

RiverRat:
Hey there,
Any Connecticut / Tri-state area divers heading up to Dutch in the near future? I'm currently taking Rescue classes and plan on some trips up there to work on skills etc.
I'm still diving wet, 7mm but need some dive time so I'll tough it out. Hoping temps may have warmed up a little. Looking for someone to buddy up occasionally for weekend (or blow off work Friday deals) dives.
I am working on a plan to head down in a month or so with a bunch of people. I'll let you know what pans out and you can hook up with us. (New Yorkers)

michaelp68:
1. For people who have been there this time of year, do you think that it will be too cold for a 7mm Henderson semi-dry?
QUOTE]

I just dove there this weekend in a 7/m semi dry with attached hood. Surface temp was 57, 47 below. I was ok for the first dive and chilly on the second, but probably because I froze my ass off during the surface interval... You'll be fine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom