Never been to Dutch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering diving Dutch Springs on Saturday, April 10th.

I've never been there before but I've looked at the website.

1. For people who have been there this time of year, do you think that it will be too cold for a 7mm Henderson semi-dry?

2. I know that I'll need a buddy. Is it realistic for me to coordinate with someone ahead of time to meet me there and dive together? (I live in Connecticut but will be visiting my in-laws in New Jersey. I'd like to escape for part of Saturday for some diving....)

Thanks.

You'll be chilly if you go down deep.

If you're real hard up to do some diving after a long winter, I'm sure you'll be able to tough it out in your 7mil for a little while at least :wink:

Good luck finding a buddy for the day. I'll be out of town. One word of advice, don't try to slip in any solo diving. They watch you like a hawk there. If you can't arrange a buddy, don't waste your time going.

Scott

michaelp68:
I'm considering diving Dutch Springs on Saturday, April 10th.

I've never been there before but I've looked at the website.

1. For people who have been there this time of year, do you think that it will be too cold for a 7mm Henderson semi-dry?

2. I know that I'll need a buddy. Is it realistic for me to coordinate with someone ahead of time to meet me there and dive together? (I live in Connecticut but will be visiting my in-laws in New Jersey. I'd like to escape for part of Saturday for some diving....)

Thanks.

a 7mm sounds a little daring to me or to put it differently I'D DIE. they claim water temp is 44F. some find that optimistic.

Yeah, it'll definitely be chilly. I guess I am a bit anxious for some diving. I guess I'll have to suffer. :eyebrow:

But have no worries. There's no chance whatsoever of any solo diving on my part.

Hopefull, I'll connect with someone, though, and hopefully the wetsuite will keep me warm enough to enjoy.

You may be able to find a buddy for the 10th via this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/t50252.html

I find it uncomfortable but the hood w/ the 7mm may keep you for a bit longer....but it's going to be cold.

either way have fun and dive safe.

I might go with you. I'm supposed to work that day but I'll try to move shifts around.

Jon, it looks like you and a few others will be there on the 10th at 10:00 at the gate. Is that correct? If so, I'll plan on meeting you there.

OK... we can figure out buddies there. I'll be in a green Grand Am with LA plates and a Yakima rack.

Sounds good to me.
I'll be in a blue Toyota Highlander with Connecticut plates and a Thule rack.

michaelp68:
Sounds good to me.
I'll be in a blue Toyota Highlander with Connecticut plates and a Thule rack.

THULE? I don't know if I can dive with you anymore..... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom