Netflix - your experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We quit using them when we moved back to the States, but I just got an email from them last week saying that I may get a free month as part of a class action suit. Some guy is suing them because they didn't live up to their three/week claim, or something like that.

Then again, I may withdrawl from the suit just because I think we have too many people trying to find stupid reasons to sue and get free money.[/QUOTE]

People always want something for free and if they can get big bucks they will. Guess it is easier than actually getting a job. We aren't getting the free upgrade or month from this lawsuit. They didn't live up the job we were paying for, but we aren't suing either. Guess he didn't have anything better to do with his time and wants some free movies. It is too much of a pain to reregister and get the one free month with upgrade. HHHHHmmmmm I wonder who I can sue so I can dive free all around the world : ) Is it my instructors fault for showing me such a great time no I have no desire to work? Maybe it is PADI's fault for being the source of my addiction? How much money could I really get? LOL. Guess I'll just go to McD's and get some HOT coffee and think about it.

Melissa

Melissa-

It sounds like your problems started around the same time mine did. I really am wondering now if it has to do with a (hopefully temporary) staffing type issue at the distribution center.

ch0ppersrule:
Most of them were shipped from the Honolulu depot also. Hello, I could have drove there in 5 minutes.

LOL - that's exactly what I've been thinking. :wink:

Well, I guess I'll sit tight for a bit longer and see if this improves - when this service works, it's so darn convenient. If I cancel, it looks like my only option is to go to Blockbuster - but I've got so much stuff going on, I hate doing that.

Well, I guess I'll sit tight for a bit longer and see if this improves - when this service works, it's so darn convenient. If I cancel, it looks like my only option is to go to Blockbuster - but I've got so much stuff going on, I hate doing that.[/QUOTE]

We may go back after a while. Might have to give the new distribution center a little longer to get their act together. We paid for unlimited and when you only receive 6 movies in 30days it is kind of a crappy deal. Maybe come January or February we will give them another shot. We haven't used Blockbuster in a while. They now have mail service also, but I think Netflix is cheaper. Too bad surf is up all over the island. Would like to do some diving before I go to AZ (this coming Thursday).

Melissa

Been a member for 3 yeasr... no problems other than an occasional unplayable DVD. Sent it back, they replaced it....no problems. I am however a "low Maintenance" consumer. I dont expect more than I paid for and I am aware of the problems that can arrive from this type of service. I try to be realistic........

Ummmm do you guys know about the class action lawsuit? I have been a subscriber for 2 years. I watch three movies a week, return them Monday and get new ones Wed. from Worchester or if it's a popular new release Thursday from Boston. ANYWAY there was some sort of glitch in October 2005 and somebody in CA filed a class action lawsuit. Netflix is not happy about this and sent an email around offering a free service upgrade for a month for anybody who was enrolled during October 2005. I have chosen to opt out since I have never had a problem with them and I don't need 4 movies a week.

mikswi:
Been a member for 3 yeasr... no problems other than an occasional unplayable DVD. Sent it back, they replaced it....no problems. I am however a "low Maintenance" consumer. I dont expect more than I paid for and I am aware of the problems that can arrive from this type of service. I try to be realistic........

Being realistic - I cancelled due to them sending 12-16 movies a month (for 2 years) down to 6 movies. Paying for unlimited and having a distribution center in the same town, there is no reason to take 2 weeks to send a replacement. Other than the month of October we haven't had problems with them. What is a "low maintenance" customer? I did not participate in the class action suit and am not asking them to make anything right. Like I said, we will wait a few months and try them again. If we have the same problems, then we will cancel and not go back. I realize things happen, but I can rent movies cheaper than what I received for that month. Had I received an e-mail saying a replacement would be sent within 2 weeks instead of "we are sorry for the inconvience and will be sending a new movie the next business day" (and not getting it for 2 full weeks) things may have turned out where we would still be using them. I hope the new center here will get their act together so more people can enjoy their services. My absence for the next couple months should give me a full queue of good movies. : )

Melissa

ch0ppersrule:
What is a "low maintenance" customer?

I'm not sure what a "low maintenance" customer is, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder what's going on when Netflix set a consistent turnaround standard and then suddenly that standard is reduced to 50% or less.

Considering that Melissa did not have any problems for 2 years prior to this, I'm figuring it's some issue with the individual distribution center.

I did not receive the email regarding the class action lawsuit - either that, or I got "delete" happy and sent it to my trash bin without opening it.

Netflix is pretty good for me - I zap 'em as fast as they come in so they're back in the mail the next day. My only problem is when my wife goes in and messes up my queue with some schlock piece of garbage that she wants to watch or else orders a whole year's worth of the same show all at the same time.
I liked "24", but sitting though 10,000 episodes in 3 days got a little tough on the tuchus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom