NERD 2 Mount Adapter for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnnyH

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
For those who already have a NERD 2 mount and want a nice rEvo solution - or for those who want to buy the non-rEvo mount so that it works on other units - I developed an adapter that allows the NERD 2 mount to work with the rEvo, even with a gag strap installed. The adapter is designed to remain securely in place and will not interfere with DSV operation, and won't fatigue the breathing hoses. Can be installed on either the left or right side of the DSV.

NOTE: The NERD 2 mount works with the original NERD computer.

Though rEvo now sells a version of the NERD 2 mount with an attachemnt clip for the rEvo DSV, using the HANZL DESIGN adapter with the "universal" NERD 2 mount provides a series of benefits:

1) Folks who have a rEvo and purchased the NERD 2 can now use the mount that came with the NERD 2 on their Evo.
2) Provides a more secure attachment to the rebreather as it's a full clamp vs a clip-on attachment.
3) The part of the mount that remains attached to the NERD is smaller with the "universal" mount (utilizing the HANZL DESIGN adapter) than with the rEvo specific mount. This is because with the rEvo specific mount the entire mount needs to be unclipped from DSV, whereas with the "universal" mount the mount easily splits into two sections, allowing for more compact storage of the NERD - it'll still fit in its case.
4) If you switch to another CCR the NERD mount will still work, whereas the rEvo specific mount will not.

I have made it available for sale ($22 + shipping) here:

NERD 2 Mount Insert for rEvo v1.0 by johnnyhinbos on Shapeways
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0514.jpg

(and thanks to Brett who was kind enough to ship me his NERD 2 mount so that I could develop a solution!)

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 233
...nice idea! Will you share the SW files for my 3d-printer?

Nice. Now if my Nerd2 only came with the original clamp. I got the one from revo that just snaps on and has the little stainless tab that the screws keep coming loose on.

Nice. Now if my Nerd2 only came with the original clamp. I got the one from revo that just snaps on and has the little stainless tab that the screws keep coming loose on.
Yeah - that's why I wanted to make this adapter. rEvo and Shearwater did just come out with a rEvo specific NERD 2 mount. $175 from rEvo. Check my post above why I like my solution better - though all in it's more expensive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom