Neptune full face report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are looking into the AGA and Poseidon. They are very similar units given their very close lineage.

Poseidon offers two different size masks to accomodate faces that are narrower or smaller. A friend of mine who uses an AGA has had to use the special face insert to have a good fit (he is 6'4" but has a narrow face). He is planning on getting the Poseidon after 5 years of using the AGA.

Another key feature of the Poseidon is the ability to switch between demand and positive pressure modes during the dive. In the AGA, you have to make that choice at purchase.

Overall, the design of the Poseidon can be considered an evolution of the AGA incorporating the Poseidon Jetstream 2nd stage. The Jetstream has been considered one of the top regs in the world for 10 years and is actually used by the USN,,,not just approved.

Many accessories for the AGA should work on the Poseidon.

The widest portion of my face is 5 inches - cheek to cheek bone.

What is your width and what size mask are you donning? If I'm to purchase one, it will most-likely be online.

The large Poseidon is considered to be the same size as the standard AGA. The AGA solution for narrower faces was a face insert where Poseidon just made a smaller version.

If you can walk into an LDS and pretty much have any regular mask work for you, the large Poseidon will probably be your choice.

Typically, the smaller Poseidon would be for women, lightweight weight men and younger people.. Is that PC enough?

Right now, pricing on the Poseidon is pretty much $750. I saw one place online that had it for $745.00. You are paying about $150 more for the Poseidon 2nd stage over the AGA.

I got mine from Adventure Quest in New Orleans. They understand the nuiance of adjusting the 1st stage to perform at its best with a FFM and are a large Poseidon dealer. Their number is 504-887-3483.

Amron International in Southern California also sells Poseidon. They are a well known commercial and military supplier. http://www.amronintl.com

Poseidon makes a variety of 2nd stage hose lengths from 28" to 84" depending on how you rig you gear. The FFM comes with the 28" hose.

Viking, the US Distributor, has both small and large masks in stock to ship.

A cool addition for any FFM is the DSI Manifold block. You can hook up 2 independant gas sources to the block and then run from the block to the FFM. You can also run 3 other LP lines from the block.

Back
Top Bottom