Neosport xspan - Is it OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwatts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, I've done a good job at avoiding cooler water temps until now. I'm going diving in a nearby quarry so I need to buy a wetsuit. I've wanted to buy one for a while so I would prefer purchase over rental.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Neosport xspan 5mm. It's darn hard to buy at a LDS since they keep going out of business and the remaining ones just don't offer much selection. I originally wanted a Pinnacle Cuiser but I can't find one locally.

Since I need/want to try one on before buying, I'm considering the Neosport xspan. Divers Supply has these in stock so I can try it on.

Has anyone used this wetsuit? Are the wrists and ankles tight enough to prevent water flow?

have not had a chance to check it out..But,check the seams and see if it is stitched AND glued..most neosport suit I have seen are only flat stitched and not glued-thats one way to make a cheap inexpensive suit.. Hold the seam up to a light source and stretch it a bit.If you see light coming through tiny holes the seams are not glued and are a source for water exchange.I would stay away from it if that is the case.

Thanks Oly. Anyone else?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom