NeoSport Xspan 7mm any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtownsend2000

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Thinking of getting an Xspan 7 mil for doing some spear fishing in the summer months (drysuit is too much and the 3/2 is just not cutting it). The biggest attraction here is the price these run for ($175). Does anybody have any experience with this suit, pros and cons? Alternatives?

Also, what is their sizing like? I'm 5'11" and 190lbs. Thinking large? Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I have a neosport 5mm and 7mm 2 piece. Im 6ft 185lb. Fits good. Large is probably your best bet. Good suit for the price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! Looks like a good deal for the price.

Here's a recent post of Neosports in general http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...ad-negative-experience-neosport-wetsuits.html

I put my feedback in specifically for my (and my wife's) XSPAN 7mm's. Summary is we aren't impressed with them. in 3 years there's tearing in the neoprene (not the inner and outer fabric - just the neoprene) at the base of the zipper. I also have small holes in the neoprene in each armpit - I suppose it's good as it promotes diving with my arms folded and tucked up against my body. My wife has some tears in the neoprene around the neck seal, though i don't think they affect anything. I get the impression the neoprene used is pretty weak. The interior lining is a velcro magnet - in case that is a concern.

I'm 5' 10.5" (that half inch make all the difference :) ) weight WAS 185ish, now 170ish and wear a large. Even now it's quite snug on arms and legs and tricky to get pulled all the way on specifically the arms (which is likely partially responsible for the armpit holes).

I will be buying something else when we replace them for next season.

Thanks for the reviews guys. Guess there had to be some issues given the price point.

Fwiw I am not using xspan. Just the regular neoprene. Seems to be better quality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom