Neoprene neckseal issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One word, "Silicon". It is the future. Although I admit I haven't tried one, they sound really cool.

Jen, I have thought of packing a roll of duct tape for fundies..just in case.

Question is...what am I going to do with those florescent Converse? :wink:

I just can't see spending $100 on another latex seal. Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't poop out in the middle of fundies.
@butrflyleslie: Why would you have to spend $100 on a new latex neck seal?

There's another option, you know. Replace the latex seal yourself. It's actually kind of fun. A replacement seal costs about $30. Purchase the proper adhesive, remove the old seal, prep the surfaces (rough up with sandpaper, clean area with solvent), apply adhesive, and then use a wallpaper seam roller to roll the adhered area. Sprinkle talc on the exposed seal and on the drysuit in the vicinity of the seal to deactivate any stray adhesive. Allow everything to cure overnight.

Surely one of your local dive buddies could help you out with this. It's a straightforward repair.

Jen, I have thought of packing a roll of duct tape for fundies..just in case.

Question is...what am I going to do with those florescent Converse? :wink:

Do you have a bio-seal? If not, I'd strongly recommend picking one up. I know Cody doesn't wear one, but it really does make the neoprene seal better....especially if there are any issues with it sealing in the first place. This might save you from having to duct tape :wink:

Back
Top Bottom