Nemrod Snark II Silver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offfi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

I don't own any vintage equipment yet, but I found said regulator online for 20 bucks.

Should I buy it?
Any info on it?
Do you have any input for me, if I plan to service it myself?

Thanks in advance!

I don't really "need" it, but it looks quite nice... ;-)

For $20 , yea buy it and then resell it on ebay if you want a DH reg to rebuild/restore. You should easily be able to double or triple, maybe more, your money. Nemrods are neat looking regs but parts for them are hard to come by esp the critical ones like HP seats and main diaphragms so rebuilding them to good operating condition can be challenging. If you want a DH to rebuild and dive, take the money you make from it and buy any US Diver double hose. All the parts you could possibly need are readily available at reasonable prices as well as a lot of great upgrades if you are so inclined. All the manuals and info you need for the Nemrod as well as most any other DH reg can be found in the "Manuals and Catalogs" section on the Vintage Double Hose board.

Thanks for your reply.
It's a single hose reg though...

AH, sorry I forgot about those....I change my statement....IF you want a wall hanger, fine buy it otherwise save your money. They are not worth much and there are no parts for them

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Back
Top Bottom