Looking For A Snark III Annotated Schematic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea squatch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Years ago I started my first regulator rebuild with a Nemrod Snark III. Herman suggested I start with a simpler regulator for my first rebuild. I set the regulator aside and moved on to rebuilding other regulators. I started rebuilding Conshelf and Aquarius regulators and then all sorts of vintage Scubapros. I now have rebuilt many regulators and with each one the Snark III kept moving further back in the project pile. While purchasing RAM parts from The Scuba Museum last week I noticed they now sell a reproduction exhaust valve for the Snark III. I was reminded of my project and I purchased one of the valves. I am ready to put the Snark III back together. I have several schematics for the Snark III but I am wondering if anyone has made an annotated version, especially regarding o ring sizes. Several of my o rings were in bad shape when I disassembled the regulator so I don’t have much to work with. I appreciate any help.

I don't have anything annotated so no help there but remember the Nemrods are metric so I would assume the orings are as well.

I used to have one. As far as I recall, there is but one oring. I could be wrong though. The rest are gaskets, rubber and some made of fiber material. Mine was in decent shape, so reused all gaskets.
Using a caliper would be a start to see if you can source replacements (measure the face of the sealing area on the part, not the gasket/oring).
ETA: + use the caliper to gauge the thickness of the actual gasket/oring that is being replaced.

I have about 10 Snark III's. I've rebuilt and modified several of them. I don't have an annotated manual, but if I can help feel free to PM me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom