Nemrod Seamco steel tank - still good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akchan

Contributor
Reaction score
This tank is going for $15. Dthey don't know the story behind the tank. It is holding air. The sticker on there shows 1978 VIP.

What is youe take on this tank for $15? Would be for cold water rig.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-220955_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-220955_Facebook.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20220123-220959_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-220959_Facebook.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 76
$15 is not much to lose so I'd probably pick it up. Normally, I drain the tank and take a peek before buying, but with the price like that, I might skip the check. The vast majority of the old steel, 72s I've picked up or been given passes hydro without issue.

$15 is not much to lose so I'd probably pick it up. Normally, I drain the tank and take a peek before buying, but with the price like that, I might skip the check. The vast majority of the old steel, 72s I've picked up or been given passes hydro without issue.
Sounds like a solid plan!

This tank is going for $15. Dthey don't know the story behind the tank. It is holding air. The sticker on there shows 1978 VIP.

What is youe take on this tank for $15? Would be for cold water rig.
looks like a normal 3/4" NPS valve thread too which is a big plus

I would just get it, drain it, check for major rust or pits that would scrap it, send for hydro.

I think if I was anywhere near you, I'd try to get it! Lol. Between me and a buddy, we're up to 12 steel 72s, some old enough to be ICC stamped (Interstate Commerce Commission, which eventually became DOT). Knock on wood, but haven't had one fail hydro yet... Including one one that was given to me by a paintball field and showed signs of standing water inside!
For $15 plus hydro, I'd gamble on it any day.

I had seen it up for several weeks. I waited too long and now it go bye bye :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom