Nemrod Aries + original SPG/Depth Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I thought some on this forum might have interest. Found this old gem on my friends' dive boat, here in the Philippines, - in working order and used occasionally for customer rental!

I am guessing it is a Nemrod Aries. Vintage late '70s. Anyone know any other information about it? Worth selling?

Nemrod-4.jpgNemrod-5.jpgNemrod-1.jpgNemrod-2.jpgNemrod-3.jpg

Did you get to try it out Andy? :D It looks to be in good condition!

Hey, if you're ever interested in a double-hose dive, or know people that do, I've got 2 working double-hose kits (a 3rd on the way after I get it powder-coated...)

The only thing I could find even approaching just the general characteristics of the 1st stage was this ad (c 1973):

Nemrod.jpg

They look similar.

The 2nd is something else.

The reg started its life as "Sirus" in 1973 with a orange second stage and the new "mono" block first to take 200bar later it was improved and released with a all black second stage and renamed "Aries" a second LP added to the" Mono" block The unit proved to be a WET breathe

Thanks for the info.

Ed: that does look like the same first stage. I can't believe the condition that the reg is in. It wasn't on the boat yesterday... I will definitely dive it the next time I get a chance.

Well, aside from the DHs, I also have a Calypso J and a Sportsways Waterlung W-600... :D

And you should see the 2nd stages I've placed on my twin-set: old metal conshelf 2nds. Maybe I'll swap out the band clamp screw to a thumb screw so it could still be disassembled underwater... hehehe! :wink:

Dang. I need to get that kit AND my DHs wet soon.

I have the Sirus...currently I have it loaned out to LDS for a display of oldie but goodie gear. Its mounted on a board with some other side exhaust regulators. Since I don't have it in front of me, I'll go from memory. I'm pretty sure there are two exhaust valves in series.

Inhale wasn't bad but it is a bit of a soggy breather.

Back
Top Bottom