Nemo Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a SS Nemo over the winter and dove with it for the first time last weekend. I was looking at the logbook today and it shows two dives in the logbook. The problem is that I only did one dive. It shows the one dive that I did on the first of April and then it also shows a dive in 2003. I was just wondering how that could be? If it is not that big of deal can I delete it out of the logbook. I just want to make sure that they did not sell me a used computer... Thanks

Phil

From testing maybe. Mine has that too. Something else to look forward to is that it seems sometimes it logs a dive at 1.6m for 0 min if you go too deep on entry (there's a 2 meter giant stride in Saipan where I got this, but I've got it on boats before too). No way to delete individual dives as far as I know. Oh well. Enjoy your Nemo, I love mine.

I've got the same.I bought NEMO WIDE and it already had I dive logged,which was done sometime in 2006,but I did my dive with it last month.

I wish that there was a way to delete it. Not that it is a big deal or in the way it is just annoying... Otherwise I love the computer, just that one little thing...

Phil

Hello all,

The logged dive in question is indeed from the factory. All Mares computers are run through a testing period including 1 if not more simulated dives. You are correct you cannot delete a select dive from the log. Eventually it will be deleted by default, as there is only so much memory and it will get pushed out. Nemo stores 50 logged dives, after 50 the oldest dive will be deleted.

Glad you like your computer.

So if the date of the dive is in 2003 does that mean that the computer was made then, or does it just mean that the date amd time were not set???

It could be either or. If I was a betting man, I'd say they had the date accurate when testing.

That is interesting. Should I be upset buying the thing new in 2006 and it being from 2003? I am sure that there has been some changes to the software etc, between then and now. If I gave you the serial number could you tell me how old it is? I would appreciate it, because I am then going to talk to the retailer...

Thanks again...
Phil

Phil,

You should not be upset about your purchase. There is no difference and there have been no changes to the Nemo software to date. I'm sure you'll enjoy using it whether in the water or on land. It's a great watch and computer.

Best,

OK, thanks Zak. I appreciate the quick responses.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom