NELD Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie:
The only thing I am nervous about is being cold on our OW dives. The ocean is currently 60F and getting colder! :eek_2:

Chrissie

Good luck. You'll love it.

And just so you're aware, you'll be hard pressed to find water as warm as 60 degrees even 5 feet below the surface. The ocean never really warms up beyond mid 50s shallow and high 40s deeper. A well fitting wetsuit or drysuit will keep you nice and comfy, though.

Where are your checkout dives going to be?

Hi Chrissie,
Welcome to the scuba hobby!
You might be cold in a wet suit with the water at 50 or 60 degrees...it all depends on your tolerance for cold as well as if the air is warm or if you start by getting chilled before the dive on a cold day.
I've been diving in 40 degree water in my 7mm wet suit on a day that the air was only about 40 degrees, and I was fine. Most others would say that I'm nuts though...... depends on your tolerance for cold and how long you're going to be in the water.

John C.

Just signed in. My youngest and I are from the far end of the state, Northwest corner called North Adams. Got down to Winter Island and Glouchester with some friends twice this summer. My youngest is now addicted to chasing lobster. I found it easier to chase the Scallops! Glad to meet you all.:)

Just joined this site but would love to hear about local dives. I have a fair amount of diving under my belt but none since I moved back to the area.
If anyone is planning any dives in the near future please feel free to contact me.

thx
Mike

I guess you could add me to the list I live in Boston I'm always gone working. But my job is to dive I'd like to get some good diving in this winter look me up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom