Nekton Rorqual is Moving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaLuke:
I got a call last week from Sandy at the Nekton Office and was informed that the Nekton Rorqual wouldn’t be doing the Cay Lobos trip anymore. I had planned to be on the Rorqual next June for that route. But Sandy informed me that the boat was instead moving to the Cayman Islands.

They’ll be doing a trip similar to the one that the Cayman Aggressor does. They plan on diving around Grand Cayman one day and then, weather permitting, they will make the crossing to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. The weather can sometimes be a problem. On the a 2002 trip aboard the Cayman Aggressor we couldn’t make the crossing due to high seas.

With the Nekton Rorqual in the Caymans they will no longer be doing the Cay Lobos route. The Rorqual was the only one of the two boats that had the speed and range for the Cay Lobos route.

Sandy gave me several options but I decided to say on the Rorqual and go to Cayman aagain. Maybe this time we’ll make it to Little Cayman. And I’ll be on the Pilot in Belize the week of March 4th. It’s a tough job but somebody has got to do it.

Luke
Luke, we are looking for a 10th person to get the 10% discount for a larger group on a trip May 13th, 2006, to the Caymans. We are on the rorqual for the trip. There are several other discounts with this one. We registered in Jan. for the 200. discount & you being a repeat diver, get another 100. off, then if we get our 10th diver we get an additional 10%. If you can or want to join our group on May 13, it would be great. The Cay Lobos trip was awsome, sorry you missed it. We did it last year. The blue holes were really beautiful. I guess the gas for that long trip really got them.
If you are interested in going, you can call me on my cell (321) 243-9353, or e-mail me at sigi@bellsouth.net. Hope to hear from you

buddydiver66:
If you are interested in going, you can call me on my cell (321) 243-9353, or e-mail me at sigi@bellsouth.net. Hope to hear from you
Thanks for the offer but I actually had to do some trip rearranging to deal with some sinus problems. And in the process I decided to switch to the Cay Sal trip -- just because I haven't done that one in a while and I have been to Cayman in the last couple of years.
Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom