Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea, except I have been calling now for 2 days and all I get is an ansering machine.

There appears to be enough wishful thinking on this thread that the resident 'Pollyannas' here will latch onto the illusion of an 'active' phone line and keep pumping $ Nekton's way....smarten up people!

Is there anyone here on SB scheduled for the May 29 trip? Have you heard anything about whether or not you are going? Even after the boat is fixed I wonder how long it will take it to motor back to Ft Lauderdale.....

Is there anyone here on SB scheduled for the May 29 trip? Have you heard anything about whether or not you are going? Even after the boat is fixed I wonder how long it will take it to motor back to Ft Lauderdale.....

What leads you to believe it's being fixed?? It hasn't even been moved to drydock yet and I'm pretty sure they can't replace the gensets with her still in the water.

What leads you to believe it's being fixed?? It hasn't even been moved to drydock yet and I'm pretty sure they can't replace the gensets with her still in the water.

I thought they had flown a generator to the location it was at in the caribbean to try to do it that way? (while in water) of course that didn't work either, requiring them to bring the boat back to Port St Joe.... which backs up your point.

another note, where the Rorqual is tied up, there are no cranes or booms to load/lower a generator onto the boat either. (unless they bring in a portable one).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a liveaboard that leaves from Florida that we might book for this summer. I think I'm going to assume the 800 dollar deposit is gone.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a liveaboard that leaves from Florida that we might book for this summer. I think I'm going to assume the 800 dollar deposit is gone.

Ultimate Getaway leaves out of Ft Myers for the Tortugas. It's 'bunk sleeping' but a great trip. I'd had a blast on it.

The Spree leaves out of Key West for the Tortugas and some keys. They seem to run a good operation. you can PM [user]wookie[/user] on this board as he's the operator/captain.

the Playmate leaves out of Key West for the Tortugas. I'll let you research this one yourself.

the Juliet sales out of south Florida. It has very good reports that I've seen.

Blue Iguana charters does short trips out of Key Largo I think. Capt Scott on this board. Don't know anyone who's gone on them though.

Paradise Charters leaves out of south Florida for Bimini areas. seen some good and bad reviews ofthem.

Dolphin Charters leaves out of Riveria Beach.(West Palm). I think to the Bahamas. I know one person who's gone on their trip and liked it.

Shearwater... don't know anything about it.

I'm sure I missed one somewhere.

We were on the Mayaguana trip last month when we made the stop at a dock on the island to get a block for the generator. They flew in and ace mechanic who knew his stuff but did not give all the correct numbers to the supplier so parts were not fitting properly. Since there was only one working gen we lost Nitrox (they gave full refund on board)and there were some other minor issues but nothing significant. I did talk with several of the crew and the moral towards the company was not good but they still treated the passengers quite well. One fellow told us he was owed thousands for back pay and tips. When we checked out we asked how tips were disbursed and if you put if on credit card the company got the money and then supposedly paid it to crew but if you paid cash it went to them right away so we paid cash to make sure.
We've taken 5 trips with them on both the Pilot and Rorqual due to my wife's sea sickness and I'd hate to see them go away but it seems the owner is not using good judgment and keeping the boats maintained. I've e mailed one of the crew we know to see if he can shed light on what's going on. I'll post if anything comes of our request.
On a side note if anyone has taken the Aqua Cat line is it pretty stable like Nekton?

Back
Top Bottom