Needing Flight Advice to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am sure delta is the way to go if you can manage it. next time I go through Curacao I think I'd just stay there. we did it once and stayed at All West which I did like. just far from a lot of restaurants. this is my wife's first time with the Red Eye so we'll see how that goes.
Bonaire its not easy to get to from the USA which I am guessing is a good thing.
ctx120 will be taking the red eye down and joining everyone with the NY dive group in July too--see you then.

actually I made a mistake I did book for Friday july 19 ( dive N.Y 2013 group ) leaves Miami at 7AM . DAE airlines

Be sure to call and verify your itinerary a few days before. We had that same 7am flight booked and they cancelled our flight BOTH ways, rescheduled a 3pm flight the day before or after (for the way there) and a 7am out of bonaire..but we received no email notification of the change prior.

Thanks for the many replies. I am tempted by some of the cheaper airfares on DAE and AA, but think I'm going to stick with Insel and the direct flight from MIA to BON.

Think I'd much rather spend the extra $$$ to avoid potential issues.

If I did get stuck in CUR, I'd be kicking myself.

Thanks for the many replies. I am tempted by some of the cheaper airfares on DAE and AA, but think I'm going to stick with Insel and the direct flight from MIA to BON.

Think I'd much rather spend the extra $$$ to avoid potential issues.

If I did get stuck in CUR, I'd be kicking myself.

Just ask yourself, What Would Mike Nelson Do, WWMND..................

We are using Insel in April and have used AA from Mia to Cur and then DiviDivi Air to Bon and return which worked very well for us as AA was really cheap. I would do that again. But we shall see as to Insel--their rep is not so good either as to canceling flights. DiviDivi Air is the most consistent of the several local air services. Their planes are small and so is the luggage capacity-so some bags could be on a later flight. In our 1 experience all of the passengers were locals with little if any baggage--so our bags flew!!

WWMND (;>) I say Mike would take Divi and wear his gear onboard!!

Just made early June reservations from JFK--->Aruba via Delta nonstop ($460 RT), then Aruba--->BON via Tiara Air ($166 RT). Total = $626. That is about $400 less than the current price for JFK--->ATL--->BON round trip.

Just ask yourself, What Would Mike Nelson Do, WWMND..................

Mike would fly to CUR wearing his gear and swim to BON.

IMORIN,
You're a brave man. hate JFK airport and avoid it like the plague. but then its easy for me. tell me more about the aruba to bonaire and back.
i could fly jet blue to aruba from boston. Love JetBlue. I am guessing you've done this before!
thanks

Back
Top Bottom