Needing feedback on Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishsquid

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a couple photos that were taken of me and it's the first I have ever seen of me diving with my pony bottle. My brother and I were descending in one photo at a local quarry and the other was just noodling around. I will be looking at options for reconfiguring if required. My question is; is my bottle hanging too low on the top end? To me it appears that it should be level/parallel with my body. It doesn't "feel" really out of kilter when diving or when practicing breathing from it and I don't have any deployment/routing issues with the hose/reg. Will bringing it up closer on the top end result in any problems I may be unaware of? Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.
IMG008.JPG

IMG015.JPG

Are your shoulder D rings low?
I make my own slings with the clip attached right at the neck. Of the tank.

Are your shoulder D rings low?
I make my own slings with the clip attached right at the neck. Of the tank.
Good point. :) Looking at the photos, I think they may be. After the ball game, I'm going to don my BP/W and check them. I was thinking I also need to get the clip closer to the neck.

Shorten up on the neck clip connection and get the shoulder D-ring up in front of your shoulder. It looks like it's almost in your arm pit now. How it all looks and feels on land will be unlike in the water.

Shorten up on the neck clip connection and get the shoulder D-ring up in front of your shoulder. It looks like it's almost in your arm pit now. How it all looks and feels on land will be unlike in the water.
Yeah, that's what I noticed when it was mentioned.

1+ to moving the shoulder D-ring up. That should pretty much fix you up :wink:

Best wishes.

Looks like the d-ring is my first choice and then go from there. Weird that I never really noticed it was so low. I want to thank every one for the suggestions (oh, wait, I already did):D I'll check back in when I get it checked out in the water.
Again thanks all!:)

FWIW I picked my ports so the second stage is up and inboard to limit incidental bumping.

Pictures are a huge benefit in sorting things like this out.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom