Needing a partner...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Regular buddy had to bail, so...
Anybody need a partner for CSSP, Athens, or Lake Elmer Thomas on Saturday, Nov 3? I have a newly completed housing that desperately needs to be tried out. (Okay, that's a stretch...I'M the one who desperately needs to get underwater!) I'm certainly up for a couple of tanks.
Much obliged,
Bill

I'm mildly interested, depends on whether or not I can talk myself out of going into work on Saturday. Where is Lake Elmer Thomas?

Kory

It's just inside the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge, near Lawton Ok. Most of the lake is pretty shallow (35-30 feet), but there's a submerged stone dam near the newer concrete one and the space between them (about 30 yards) goes down to nearly 100 feet. Cold down there, though.

If we decided to go into Ok, what about Murray? It's a little closer than lawton. I wouldn't mind trying a new place though, I've never been to Elmer Thomas.

Where do you prefer?

Kory

Usually...and I say that again usually Elmer Thomas is a bit clearer than Murray. Earlier this year that wasn't the case after the heavy rains. My hope is that it has settled down a bit and the cooler weather has thinned out the algae. I haven't been there lately, though, so I can't say for certain. I have been to Murray recently and vis was a few feet at best. However, I'm up for anything so just let me know and I'll be there with bells on!

Now that the board is back up, I can post again.

Alot of people are going to CSSP on Sunday, and something has come up at work that I need to take care of in the morning. If I go tomorrow, it will pretty much have to be CSSP or Murrey due to time factors. Or, we could go over to CSSP on Sunday.

Sorry to be so complicated. I seems like it's always something and never just easy. Hopefully, we can work it out, if not, I'll have to take a rain check.

I know this is short notice, but I was out of the house until just now and didn't have access to a computer.

CSSP is fine for me. I think I'd prefer that to Murray since I'm checking out a new camera housing (vis might be a bit better at the Park). I'll check my email first thing in the morning and see how things are on your end. If you can't make it or would prefer to dive on Sunday, I fully understand and we'll make it another day. Thanks for your interest and willingness to share a dive or two.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom