Need weight pockets for older ScubaPro RecTEk STek BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evan,
Thank for the info… only looking for using a single tank.. I guess my question is … is there anyone that makes a pocket with a Velcro flap etc that would attach to the original pocket holders??
Many years ago, I had an Aqualung Patriot that used velcro weight pockets. Something like this. Aqua Lung Weight Pocket - See Description for Fit
I can't guarantee that it will fit in the SP pocket, though.
That velcro looks pretty used up. I don't think I'd trust anyone I cared about using pockets with that.
Totally, agree. That velcro looks spent. I'd definitely recommend getting that addressed before using it.

Also important to note. I'm not aware of any BC manufacturers that are currently using velcro to attach ditchable weights. There must be a reason for that.

Also important to note. I'm not aware of any BC manufacturers that are currently using velcro to attach ditchable weights. There must be a reason for that.

A very good safety reason indeed. Wonder what it is? :p

I’m trying to help a friend find some weight pockets for an old ScubaPro RecTek Stek BC…

It must be an older model as I can’t find any replacement removable weight pockets that attach via Velcro on the outside of where the pocket inserts??

Any help finding 2 spare pockets ( used condition is fine) would be greatly appreciated.
I’m located in Southern Ca.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Tim
I had an older SP Superhawk which uses the same pockets with velcro. I lost one back when I dove it alot several years back and my local dive center sent it to SP and they replaced all velcro and weight pouches free of charge. It was way beyond warranty. Another reason I use and love SP! I ended up with one spare weight pouch just incase. Try searching superhawk maybe find a cheap one and use the pouches?

Any shop that's an aqualung dealer should be able to order em for you

Although I'd echo the concerns about the Velcro being worn out. You may want to buy just one pouch and test out the holding power, of the Velcro that's still on the BC

Another reason I use and love SP!

And that's why I use well established brand names such as Scubapro, Atomic. Superior quality, service, worldwide presence, Longevity, financial stability and ability to take care of customers.

I recently had a heavily used 20 year old Scubapro frameless mask leak through the glass/skirt interface and was replaced with another brand new in the box Framless mask by Scubapro no questions asked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom