Need weight pockets for older ScubaPro RecTEk STek BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merscuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m trying to help a friend find some weight pockets for an old ScubaPro RecTek Stek BC…

It must be an older model as I can’t find any replacement removable weight pockets that attach via Velcro on the outside of where the pocket inserts??

Any help finding 2 spare pockets ( used condition is fine) would be greatly appreciated.
I’m located in Southern Ca.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Tim

Attachments

• D90BE273-0E4B-4DE4-AFE8-A7C66261B279.jpeg
    D90BE273-0E4B-4DE4-AFE8-A7C66261B279.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 292580FD-8B3A-4007-BBF0-9393B96B7575.jpeg
    292580FD-8B3A-4007-BBF0-9393B96B7575.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 5977D842-E940-4DD9-9EC6-3CE831EBFBC0.jpeg
    5977D842-E940-4DD9-9EC6-3CE831EBFBC0.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 84
Define so old… 10-15 years?? I have seen jacket BCs that are much older being used… lol
I’m not expecting to find them on the ScubaPro website but I figure enough of them were made, maybe someone may have a couple….

Or were there other ScubaPro BCs that had similar Velcro attaching pockets??

so old… 10-15 years

I think much older. Scubapro hasn't made weight pockets with Velcro since probably late 90's. I have my Scubapro Classic with clip type pockets I have had since circa 2000.

Have used one of these harness for years mainly for doubles, you may put any weight pocket compatible with 5 cm (2in) webbing. The wing you have was designed with doubles in mind (much like the Dive Rite RecWing), but can be used for singles (used It with an Apeks for doubles, and an Agir for singles)
It's a nice harness, simple but efficient, It was produced until 2005 If i'm not wrong, Mine os still fine, have borrowed for a friend wife try, and maybe get it.
It was SP response tô DR Transpak

Regards

By the way, behind these pockets are four screws that you may loose in order to replace the pockets, and make personal adjustments on the harness Itself.
If you intend to use for doubles, i would recommend to use some form of stabilizing plate, like the Dive Rite ones, to keep It stable and not bending the grommets

By the way, behind these pockets are four screws that you may loose in order to replace the pockets, and make personal adjustments on the harness Itself.
If you intend to use for doubles, i would recommend to use some form of stabilizing plate, like the Dive Rite ones, to keep It stable and not bending the grommets
Evan,
Thank for the info… only looking for using a single tank.. I guess my question is … is there anyone that makes a pocket with a Velcro flap etc that would attach to the original pocket holders??
Like I said trying to help a friend out with minimal cost to begin with as this is what she has..
So.. older diverite weight pockets possibly?

And yes, there are 4 screws behind as you indicated.

I don't know If It will fit, never saw the dive rite velcro pockets, but maybe it can fit. It also looks like the First generation Sea Quest Black Diamond BC velcro pockets.
You may try if you found a velcro pocket, as far as it has a size compatibility it would be OK

Regards

That velcro looks pretty used up. I don't think I'd trust anyone I cared about using pockets with that.
Ditch them and find a set with the holders to replace them. Or get rid of them and get add-on pockets that fit on 2 inch webbing.
Personally I prefer a rubber free diving belt and hard weights.
The way that velcro looks, that seems like a runaway ascent just waiting to happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom