Need utila advice!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaymi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a trip the first week of sept in utila. Anyone have recommendations for places to stay? Also, how are the sand fleas on utila? I went to roatan about 5 years ago and got eaten alive!! May be worth it though-looks pretty interesting.

jaymi:
Looking for a trip the first week of sept in utila. Anyone have recommendations for places to stay? Also, how are the sand fleas on utila? I went to roatan about 5 years ago and got eaten alive!! May be worth it though-looks pretty interesting.

Check out DeepBlueUtila - Steve and Jasmine. Steve is scubaboard member. I am going to Utila with Dandydon's group in 3 weeks, and that's where we are staying. You might want to look at our posts in the single diver section to find out about it! Good luck..Kathy

Seems like I remember a few sand fleas...I'm surpised the scars have faded :)

Overall, I didn't have much problem with the little SOB's, some evenings they would do a little damage due to bad location or timing.

Funny, I don't remember them being bad on Roatan, luck of the draw I guess...

if you are looking for something other than the usual stay at a dive lodge, i have a house on the south side of utila which we rent out. info can be found at www.coralbeaches.com and at www.aboututila.com

the name of the house is the pelican's nest and you can email me at george@panalaw.com for more info. dives can be set up with utila lodge, who will pick you up morning and/or afternoon for diving right from the pier in front of the house. the house is 60 feet from the water and we have 3 dive sites you can shore dive to from our front lawn.

gja

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom