need the pros: Cancun/Cozumel 2 weeks at CHRISTMAS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tips. We've ordered the maps and do plan to stay 3-4 nights at PDC. I'm checking into DOps and doing at least one day of cenotes and ruins. Woke up to snowflakes up here in Calgary so Mexico is looking really good!!
If you change your mind about Chichen Itza maybe followed by Ek Balam and/or Coba (it'd be a push, but you could do all three in one day, 2 hours each) there are 3 hotels at Chichen Itza - all on the back road. I chose the oldest Experience breathtaking views of Mayan temples at Mayaland Resort, with spacious air-conditioned rooms and breezy private balconies. right at the back gate to the ruins and was very impressed with the style of the old property which has been preserved even with AC in the rooms & wireless in the lobby. Spacious room with two double beds @ $110, $94 thru Orbitz. :hmmm: Hmm, they charge a lot more for the third person; I think I'd book it for 2, be honest when I checked in, and see what happens.

Here is my slide show from CI & EB - starts with a few pics at Playa del Carmen as we arrived by ferry, quickly moves on to the ruins, then finishes up with a Coba Cenote/cave visit. PhotoWorks: Album Slideshow - Aug 2010 Ruins trip

View from my room...

wjhnac.jpg

Last edited:
We'll likely do one ruin day on the mainland...we've enjoyed same in Tikal, Guatemala and Machu Picchu, Peru among others and know it is very worthwhile even if one does have to give up some bottomtime. I'm researching places to stay near the ferry in PDC for the three nights for easy connections to Coz. I emailed Scorpio about the cenotes and we'll see what that brings,
and emailed Villablanca about holiday 'packages' to compile notes...even for 'next trip'.
Can't wait! Thanks again for the help all!

If you're looking for a hotel & diving "package," you're better off contacting dive shops for the price, not the hotels.

A great thing about dive trips to Cozumel is that you can choose to stay anywhere that best suits you and look for your perfect fit dive shop, you aren't limited to a "package." Just about all the shops will offer pier pick-up & drop-off at all piers south of town.

check out info@mayanaquadive.com I did a trip with theme they got me a studio condo in cancun on the beach sleeps 4 I dove 5 days in cancun on the last dive we did cenotes after we finished they droped us off at the ferry teminal in playa we went to cozumel for the last week of our trip they set us up with studio blue you cant go wrong with mayanaquadive they will be a big help they will save you alot of time and $ karl and karla are wounderful you will be happy
have a great dive trip

check out info@mayanaquadive.com I did a trip with theme they got me a studio condo in cancun on the beach sleeps 4 I dove 5 days in cancun on the last dive we did cenotes after we finished they droped us off at the ferry teminal in playa we went to cozumel for the last week of our trip they set us up with studio blue you cant go wrong with mayanaquadive they will be a big help they will save you alot of time and $ karl and karla are wounderful you will be happy
have a great dive trip

It's been many years since I've been to Cozumel, but it sounds like what you're planning will be great. I went for a day of diving in the cenotes on the mainland and it was great. I was very new to diving at the time and going back and forth between salt to fresh water does play havoc with your buoyancy! It was great though.
I agree with others on the board....better get it booked ahead of time because of being there over the holidays. Have a great trip!
Also...snowflakes in September...brrr!!!! That Calgary weather!

Hi Janice, I have been teaching scuba diving since I arrive here at the riviera maya as a dive instructor, 31 years ago, if you want to have a really personal attention, give me a call alvaro@alwaysdiving.com or chila9@prodigy.net.mx you are going to be here in the best season for different tipe of dives, bull sharks, wreck, cenote dives and I can take care of you and your family, I only take six divers for ocean dives max, and for cenotes never take more than four, chech aut my job at you tube "Bull sharks by alwaysdiving 1" my 14 year old daughter appears in this video, or you can try this too "Wreck dive by alwaysdiving" you will not regret diving with me.
scuba diving cancun, riviera maya, cavern, open water, experienced dive master, playa del carmen, cancun. buceo profesional en la riviera maya, buceo de caverna, mar abierto, playa del carmen, cancun
Best regards.
Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom