Need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjunheart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'd like to get some suggestions from my fellow Floridians. If you don't know me, my name is Sandy & live in West Palm Beach. I haven't been diving in almost a year because I just had a baby girl three months ago. But I am dying to dive again. So this is what I am thinking...

Grandma is coming to town for Easter and has said that Brian and I can have two days (one night to sleep the entire night :bounce: ) that she will keep Haley. This will be the first time we will spend an "extended" amount of time together without the baby. I would like to do something within driving distance that could incorporate a dive, some type of night life (good place to have a few cocktails, and some fun) and a hotel that is reasonable. Where the challenge comes in is the dates we will have are April 10th & 11th which is Easter Sunday - peak season/rates. As you can imagine our budget is a bit limited now that we have a little one!

I love diving in the Delray/Boynton area and Brian has yet to dive there. But the hotels that are in the beach area either look scary or are too expensive. I looked into doing the wall dive at Biscayne National Park, but am afraid to go all the way to Florida City (not much night life there) only to be cancelled by bad weather and not really have anything else to do. Walter made some suggestions about doing beach dives (i.e., Hollywood) but again, where to stay, etc. So I am open to any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance!
Sandy

good suggestion... my wife loves B&B's, i'm sure you will too. you might pay a little more, but they sure are nice

...is traditionally a slower weekend for hotels and marks the end of season so you can get some pretty good deals. Also using Priceline and bidding 4* properties in the beach, downtown and Hollywood areas will glean some pretty good deals at some better properties.

Marc

Sandy-
I love diving in WPB, unless you are really looking to stay away from there, I think Jim Abernathy has a great boat and he's so awesome to dive with. You already know all the hotels in that area. Even when the weather's not been good in Miami, we've been able to dive in WPB. Just a suggestion :)

I too enjoy diving WPB, enough to drive 10 1/2 hours from Charlotte, NC each way to dive with Jim Abernethy's this Saturday for 4 tanks and Sunday for 2 tanks before I drive back in the afternoon after my morning dives. I'll be back again over Easter as well.

divematt:
I too enjoy diving WPB, enough to drive 10 1/2 hours from Charlotte, NC each way to dive with Jim Abernethy's this Saturday for 4 tanks and Sunday for 2 tanks before I drive back in the afternoon after my morning dives. I'll be back again over Easter as well.

Matt- did I meet you there over Christmas?

Rebecca

I'm staying for a week at a 4* in Coral Gables (the old Hyatt on Alhambra) for $69/night via Priceline. I've also ended up at the Mayfair in Coconut Grove for the same price, so I echo FLL Diver - try Priceline and bid around $70/night. I would not go less than 4*s...

By all means contact Capt Jim Wyatt at Reef Divers on Cudjoe Key. 21 miles from Key West. Big Pine & Summerland Key both have nice places for your agenda (romance & adventure). You must dive Looe Key. Just the right spot to end that long dry spell. Average depth is about 20'. Lots of sea life to see. Capt Wyatt is a wonderful host. The boat seats 6 and is comfortable.

You can PM Capt Wyatt. His Website can give you loads of additional info. Whatever you do enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom