Need some opinions on Mares please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I chose the Proton Ice cuz I liked it. The local shops are die hard Scuba pro and the ones out of town that I've been to promote Oceanic. I got differing opinions when I asked different authorities so I went along with what caught my eye. I've done spring dives and 115' Cozumel dives... no complaints :)

Definatly happy with my mares gear. Only own a Nikos 1st and 2nd stage, definatly good value.

Great customer service/warranty replacement too. I had a flooded depth gauge that had seen very little use. Took it to my lds to see if anything can be done by it and by chance the mares representative was in store. He had a look at the gauge, said I got a dodgy piece of equipment then said he'll replace the busted gauge with a new one free of charge, even though the warranty expired years ago.

I been diving with the Mares Ruby for nearly 7 years as my primary reg and an Abyss as my backup for Tech diving. Both have functioned fantastic on dives as deep as 180 FSW. The only thing I don't like about the regs, and this is strictly from a tech diving aspect, is the way the hoses come off the first stage. It's difficult to rought the hoses properly for double tanks to keep them tucked in close to the backplate. Someday when I win the lottery I'll most likely switch to another manufacture but for now I'll continue to use these for all my diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom