Need some help with Philippines travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saudio

Contributor
Reaction score
I went to Puerta Galera a couple years ago and had a fine time, now I'm planning a trip back. I'm going to Atlantis again, but I'm trying to come up with a good add on for a few days to mix the trip up a little.

I originally hoped to visit Dumqguete but travel between the two locations is difficult. So, I decided to look into Batangas/Anilao which is right across the bay, but I'm having trouble picking a good location there.

The problem is that the dive resorts seem to be pretty rustic and a little too bare bones for my tastes, and the nicer resorts seen to feature scuba as an afterthought.

I'm not looking for the Ritz, but I do need air conditioning and internet. I have a business at home and I have to stay in touch.

Anybody know of an Anilao resort with good AC, internet, good location, and either 4 dives a day offered or a good shore dive? Good food would be a plus too.

Alternately, can you suggest any other Philippines location that is relatively painless travel to or from Puerta Galera and back to Manila, that fits the above criteria?

thanks!

You should give Dumaguete a try rather than going back to PG.
Malapascua is far better than PG in diving but the island is pretty "rustic".
You can also consider Alona Beach in Bohol.
None of these three places can offer anything remotely similar to Sabang Beach at night.

+1 for aqua venture. Has all the things your looking for except shore dives. And Imho the best tasting food in anilao.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is true that Anilao is generally more basic and rustic. But if you are a photographer, it is absolute macro-heaven! If you want something close to PG, that is definitely your ticket. I did a mini-review of Club Ocellaris, you can find it at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...ellaris-contact-info-similar-alternative.html

Club O was basic, but it did have air con and internet. You could find more swanky places, but if you are doing 4 dives a day, you don't need a fancy resort. DM Peri was awesome, best DM ever! But he is freelance, you could maybe get in touch with him via Facebook to see where else he might work. Peri Paleracio | Facebook

I've also heard good things about Arthur's place, I might give them a try next time.

Boy this is the place to come for good and fast information! I really appreciate you folks. I'll post back when i've decided.

Im browsing around Anilao info and came to this, awesome place indeed to find info for divers!!

btw, anyone here been to Anilao Beach Club (ABC) before? Thinking of diving with them but didnt seem to have much publicity on this. They were the only one I emailed (including Club O, Acquaventure etc) that replied my email though....

any thoughts pls? Thanks!!! Much appreciated!

Planet Dive. Closer than most to the nicer dive sites, has wifi, aircon rooms, unlimited shoredive (twin rocks), and buffet meals

I am going back end of Oct / Beginning of Nov, with 3 days at Crystal Bay Resort first in Anilao then over to PG. Did Atlantis last April but going back to Asia Divers basically half the price and I am not forced to take their full board package as good as Atlantis is I think they are a tad over priced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom