Need some Can HID advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
bro just my o2cents but i would get a separate pelican for that "just in case" moment. having it in your camera bag will safely protect it but id rather have a dedicated case just for the lights:)

Yeah. but I hate taking two carry-ons. Well, looks like the 21W/9A salvo and charger will fit nicely in a Pelican 1450 case. Just hope the airline nazi's don't raise a stink when I show up with that and a camera/laptop backpack... and I hope they don't weight it!! :D

pakman:
Yeah. but I hate taking two carry-ons. Well, looks like the 21W/9A salvo and charger will fit nicely in a Pelican 1450 case. Just hope the airline nazi's don't raise a stink when I show up with that and a camera/laptop backpack... and I hope they don't weight it!! :D

awesome light bro thanks for letting me use it in one of our dives. was an awesome light best appreciated at night or in overhead environments. noticed all the critters running away though from the intense beam.

Spoon:
noticed all the critters running away though from the intense beam.

Ha ha ha... I was expecting a post over in PPD section when I got back titled "inconsiderate Korean diver blinding poor fish and turtles in Anilao..." Well if you see a few fish running into coral blindly because their eyeballs are singed, you can blame me... :wink: Had fun diving with you, mon, and chip... will have to come back again soon.

didn't get a chance to do a nite dive in PG with the Salvo, but got to use it hitting 60M in my normoxic course and it was awesome. Although, I almost freaked as the first time we hit 60M, the light just went poof!!! I had forgotten to charge the battery the nite before! During the whole dive, I thought the light broke!!!

Anyways, props to Barry for an awesome light.

pakman:
Ha ha ha... I was expecting a post over in PPD section when I got back titled "inconsiderate Korean diver blinding poor fish and turtles in Anilao..." Well if you see a few fish running into coral blindly because their eyeballs are singed, you can blame me... :wink: Had fun diving with you, mon, and chip... will have to come back again soon.

didn't get a chance to do a nite dive in PG with the Salvo, but got to use it hitting 60M in my normoxic course and it was awesome. Although, I almost freaked as the first time we hit 60M, the light just went poof!!! I had forgotten to charge the battery the nite before! During the whole dive, I thought the light broke!!!

Anyways, props to Barry for an awesome light.

did dave give his personal inputs on the salvo?

pakman:
Not really

salvo has the new li-ion lights. barry pulled out all the 18s. hes concentrating on the 21s. makes my decision making easier.

I know man... hate that when you buy something and they roll out a newer better model... I'm not so much sold on the li-ion battery, but I like his new sealed canister heads on the new models.

I am considering a HID can light and it seems that the concensus is the Salvo over Halcyon and Dive Rite. I don't know of any dealers in my area selling these brands except for the Halcyon so I cannot compare hands on.(everyone rants over Hal. but that is all we have) Are there any issues with ordering online and warranty? I was interested in a 21w range and has to be Nimh battery. burn time needs to get me through at least 2 hours of diving before recharge so I am not sure of what size battery it should be. how long for an average recharge? our waters are not the best vis. nil to 40'ish depending on sites. cold water (lately 45deg) I don't think focus/non is a concern for me. pros/cons? I also do u/w photo so does that play a part in my decision.
My biggest concern is parts and availability if I should need bulbs etc. I don't want to spend a $wad$ and not be able to find or have to mix and match to find parts to salvage my light.
feedback and opinions wanted.
Les

Les:
I am considering a HID can light and it seems that the concensus is the Salvo over Halcyon and Dive Rite. I don't know of any dealers in my area selling these brands except for the Halcyon so I cannot compare hands on.(everyone rants over Hal. but that is all we have) Are there any issues with ordering online and warranty? I was interested in a 21w range and has to be Nimh battery. burn time needs to get me through at least 2 hours of diving before recharge so I am not sure of what size battery it should be. how long for an average recharge? our waters are not the best vis. nil to 40'ish depending on sites. cold water (lately 45deg) I don't think focus/non is a concern for me. pros/cons? I also do u/w photo so does that play a part in my decision.
My biggest concern is parts and availability if I should need bulbs etc. I don't want to spend a $wad$ and not be able to find or have to mix and match to find parts to salvage my light.
feedback and opinions wanted.
Les

email barry al sales@salvodiving.com. he will answer all your questions and his service is topnotch. their are a lot of people who have no access to servicing for the salvo proucts without probles, worse case is you get it shipped to barry and hel fix anything and mail back to you in record time. imho i think its worth every penny. and thats coming from a guy who lives in the philippines with no access to servicing and parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom