Need some advice : Cozumel tip in a few weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would make sure you set it up ahead of time. A one tank trip is 'special.' They generally don't run back to the marina between tanks, so if you set up a one tank, you may be stuck with a one tank.
Yeah, i'll verify this with them 2morrow. The idea they came up with was that I was going to leave during the SI break on the beach so I don't think it was going to impact the scheduled 2 tank dive trip.

The all night bus from Cancun to Belize is on my bucket list of things to do.

You just like riding a freezing cold bus all night, or is there a further plan once in Belize? :wink:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
The threads in this forum get out of hand.

We got two Mods just for this forum, but one got promoted out, and the other...??

Get outta here, MMM. You've been promoted. Go Mod Scuba Equipment and Marine Physiology where you belong!! *snicker*

I always thought you had to get promoted IN to the Coz forum?

The all night bus from Cancun to Belize is on my bucket list of things to do.
Leave Cancun at 10:30, 11, or 12 and arrive at the border 5 hours later for a middle of the night crossing? I guess it's done all the time. I'd feel safer riding in daytime, and border crossing in daylight.

I was poking fun at his empty post.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
But you did get promoted, working all over, and I don't even remember the other guy...?

Jim Baldwin had a promotion at work so was unable to devote the necessary time to the job and so resigned. Me, I'm retired and so have oodles of time on my hands. I am still moderating this forum (which I was initially recruited to do) and, true, after a few months at that, got "promoted" to moderate the whole site. I still post as a regular member in this forum but when I think a thread is likely to become controversial, I don't. That is because mods don't moderate threads that they are already in and I try to anticipate when I might need to step in . If I find myself in a thread that has become controversial, I ask that another moderator take over.

When it was recently decided to recruit more moderators, I did my level best (both working with other moderators who were "voting" and with the candidate to encourage her to agree to join the team). I was successful! As you have noted, Deb did sign on and I think she is a GREAT addition! Moderation is a job that gets little thanks and lots of complaints since no one likes to be told their post is off-topic, or uncivil (which is generally why we moderate). "Unfriendly" is another one and we frequently hear it about the Cozumel form (which has a reputation as clique-ish). But it is also an opportunity to learn a ton.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom