Need roatan Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIvemaster234

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which resort would be best for best for my wife ,myself and our newly certified 10yo? We are well traveled but it is hard to find info about accommodating a Jr. Open water diver.

Can anyone help? Oh, an AI is a must.

Divemaster234

DIvemaster234:
Which resort would be best for best for my wife ,myself and our newly certified 10yo? We are well traveled but it is hard to find info about accommodating a Jr. Open water diver.

Can anyone help? Oh, an AI is a must.

Divemaster234

AKR

Another option is Luna Beach Resort, which is close (walking distance) to the West End, has a pool, and is a little more upscale than other West End places. The dive shop also will cater to a junior diver. However, the dive shop operation isn't great overall. (I just returned from there). The guy who runs the shop just fired his best divemaster, Hector, and turned over much of the dive guiding to his girlfriend, who is a new instructor and a lousy dive guide. Hopefully, he will hire someone else. They also tended to overcharge for things at the end of the week.

If I were staying there again, I'd dive with a different shop, like Sueno Del Mar or West ENd DIvers.

AKR may also be a good option.

RoatanMan knows Roatan very well (imagine that?) as does Dee - and they're both big CocoView fans. I'm a big Fantasy Island fan, and would suggest it if you had a non-diving spouse.

But for a 10 yo kiddo, I'd suggest Anthony's Key Resort (AKR), as they do have a good kid program - one of the reasons I would not stay there. They have a good dive operation, and while your 10 yo is Certified, I'm sure you'll want good oversite for his diving when you may not be right on him. But as you are a DM/AI yourself, you may still consider the other operation?

Have you been to Roatan before? CDC has some good cautions you may want to look at. With those consdiered, I'd take my grandson.
:crafty:

My vote is AKR. They have a great dolphin program for kids. It is set up so that they do dolphin or other activities in the morning( a schedule is posted on their website) :dazzler1: and dive-related activities in the afternoon. THe certified kids usually dive the afternoon 2:30 boat dive with their parents.
I just came back from my second trip; our 2:30 dive had at least 4-5 kids diving. It is a great resort for families...my son hung out with several friends he made at the resort and had the absolute time of his life! Many families return with others that they have met at the resort year after year....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom