Need regs serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the comments. All the tech and mechanical stuff is over my head.
It's REALLY worth your while going to your LDS and asking them to show you how to follow @couv 's checklist. That will pay off over the long run in saving you from equipment problems just before a big dive trip.

Oh. Just saw that you'd lost confidence in your LDS. Well, open a conversation with @couv . He'd be happy to walk you through it. The only part that doesn't apply to your Sherwood is the intentional air leak from the first stage when you submerge it. Just invert a shot glass over the rubber stopper that's bubbling. You should collect 1/2 to 2/3 of a shot glass with of bubbles in one minute. That's normal functioning.

Called LDS and they are closed and don't know when they will reopen. Also said regs don't need to be serviced-not enough use time on them.

1. Confused-Every year is regardless of use...correct?
2. Have lost confidence in LDS (for several reasons, but this is most recent)-the only one in the area and maybe closed permanently.
3. How do I find reputable service?

This is not a reason to lose confidence in your dive shop, they are telling you the truth. If you only have a few dives (like less than 50 just for conversation) on these regs over two years, and they were serviced well at that time, and you have cleaned and stored them well, it is very likely that they do not need service. The 'service-every-year-regardless-of-use' bit is just to get people in the shop every year spending money. The regulator companies have a good scam going!

Your shop is closed due to the pandemic, probably. I have two empty tanks for that exact same reason. Someday they'll re-open, I hope....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom