Need Refreshing? Cressi MC5 - Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quikcolin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question or not?

This past April of 2011 I purchased a brand new Cressi MC5 regulator. I've used it 14 times (7 dive trips - 2 dives per trip).

In 4 weeks I'm going to the Caribbean and plan to dive 3 times (6 dives per trip).

Do I need to refresh the reg? I know they say once per year, but the reg has such little use I didn't know if it needed it or not?

Any advice is appreciated.

Colin

Put the reg on a tank, check for leaks, breath it, suck on it with tank closed for watertightness, if there are no problems, save the money of a service for now.

A few quick questions for you.

1. Has the regulator been dunked in salt water without the dust cap or tank pressure ? (If "Yes" service the regulator)
2. Have you rinsed you regulator after use, or after your last dive of the day/Trip ? (if "No" Service the regulator)
3. Last time you dove the regulator did it operate normally? (if "No" Service the regulator)
4. Do you have reason to suspect the regulator "needs" to be serviced ? (If "Yes" service the regulator)
5. Check the regulator, does it leak or not operate properly right now ? (If "Yes" service the regulator)
6. Do you feel lucky ? (if "No" Service the regulator)

Barring the answers to the questions above, if all your diving is done in salt water since you owned the reg, I would have it serviced no matter what you answers are above.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom