Need recommendation for small boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back last night from a week of Coz. We dive with Roberta's which is located next door to Ernesto's. It was our third trip. There are many great recommendations here, but we've really enjoyed our trips with Roberta.

I've been laying in the weeds to see if anyone would bring it up, but nothing yet. Any feedback or comments about Opals Dream?

You are right about value. I can't believe I can get that kind of personalized service and the fastest boat on the water for $70. She could charge more.

There are several that should, especially considering that fuel prices continue to increase here systematically and have LITERALLY more than doubled since Wilma. Not saying that Alison is in this category (she actually has raised her prices), but the truth is that some ops truly don't understand where their biggest expenses are - and that is fuel. When your biggest expense doubles over the course of 5 or 6 years and your prices stay the same - it clearly tells me that someone doesn't have a clue about their bottom line. And by the way, for those that think a dive ops costs are just fuel, crew and tanks - you could not be more mistaken.

And by the way, for those that think a dive ops costs are just fuel, crew and tanks - you could not be more mistaken.

I will guess on other costs:

Insurance
All sorts of government labor costs
Marina fees
Office costs
Marine park fees
Boat registration
Boat maintenance
Government service facilitation payments
Pier access fees
Beach club access fees
On-board water/goodies

Oh, for God's sake no mediumone - haha!!! Wanting to pay our basic living expenses and put food on the table apparently makes us greedy - haha! This is a past time - and we should provide our services free of charge or at minimum a break even - right? Haha!

Dear cvchief,

You just hit the nail on the head! Working under the radar, not paying any taxes, cutting corners and in truth exposing customers and employees to serious risks, can indeed allow ops to charge less. Not too long ago there were some vivid examples of this problem.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
YAY to being there in August! taking Family of 5 divers Aug 9-27. CAN NOT WAIT! Love 'Opals dream" the former Scuba Mau. Dived with them the past 5 years. Valet Service at $60 2 Tank Dive. They rinse, store and set-up gear. Small 6 packs and great DM's. Shout out to "Monkey". Gabby I miss you...Get Well-Get Wet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom