Need Recommendation for a good pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D most of the pee valves are basically the same. Bolt threw the suit, hole in bolt...it's the price that varies. I use a salvo myself. The choice is in the cathador that you need to put on. Ya gota find one that fits and feels comforable.

pm jason b here & see if he has any made right now - he may or may not, they sell like hotcakes!

:D most of the pee valves are basically the same. Bolt threw the suit, hole in bolt...it's the price that varies. I use a salvo myself. The choice is in the cathador that you need to put on. Ya gota find one that fits and feels comforable.

Well......

They are not really all the same. There are balanced and unbalanced. With balanced ones there are the check-valve style and the one piece style. Some have a bolt, some don't. Some have metal parts and some are made from 100% Delrin.

When I wanted to buy one for my Pinnacle Evo2, I started to get educated. I decided on the Halcyon, 100% Delrin, balanced, one-piece unit. I liked all the above characteristics, plus the low profile design. It can be closed for times when I don't have it connected and there is no bolt to worry about losing or fumbling with underwter.

Now, as for the cataheter, you have to experiment to see which one you prefer...and that works for you. Rochester Medical will send out free samples of various sizes and types so you can try before you buy. http://www.rocm.com/reqsamples.php

Also, take a look over here for some more umm..instructional information:
DecoStop Catheter Thread

Good luck!

Well......

They are not really all the same. There are balanced and unbalanced. With balanced ones there are the check-valve style and the one piece style. Some have a bolt, some don't. Some have metal parts and some are made from 100% Delrin.

When I wanted to buy one for my Pinnacle Evo2, I started to get educated. I decided on the Halcyon, 100% Delrin, balanced, one-piece unit. I liked all the above characteristics, plus the low profile design. It can be closed for times when I don't have it connected and there is no bolt to worry about losing or fumbling with underwter.

Now, as for the cataheter, you have to experiment to see which one you prefer...and that works for you. Rochester Medical will send out free samples of various sizes and types so you can try before you buy. http://www.rocm.com/reqsamples.php

Also, take a look over here for some more umm..instructional information:
DecoStop Catheter Thread

Good luck!

Thanks for all of the info.

I'm just about to get one for my suit too so good timing.

just started diving with OMS Balanced version, works great so far, no acidents, no pressure pain, etc....

My first one was balanced and leaked. It got replaced with a simple delrin non balanced valve and it has never failed me. I think I paid $25 complete and ready to install.

For catheters think "Wide Band".

I have an OMS sweet pee balanced Pee valve in one suit and a Halycon balanced pee valve in another.

I prefer the OMS valve - slightly lower profile, works just as well and does not leak even if not connected. It uses a check valve in the valve itself plus it has a mushroom valve under the exterior cover, so you'd have to get two failures to get a leak. Internally, it is less bulky and a bit more comfortable.

With regard to catheter condoms, the rochester sampler is the way to go. Their wide band model works well for demanding dry suit conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom