Need quick answers before I buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0311

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I posted this in the Equipment forum but no one is reading or responding so here it is, I have a chance to get a Seaquest Spectrum 4 BC for $60, it has not been used since its last inspection in 2009, is it worth it? I am just looking for something to get me by till I start my DM then I will upgrade.

If it is an online sale, pass. If it is a local seller and you can see the bc in person and check its function, if it holds air, releases air, and has all releases and weight system intact, go for it. By the way, how ia a $60 used bc and upgrade? What are you using now?
DivemasterDennis

Renting, I sold all my gear before the birth of my last child I will pass then its a craigslist purchase. I could drive to go see it but it would take a three hour drive.

He lowered the price to 35, and sent a picture of it, he said it works great, no issues, Im thinking for 35 whats the harm? Take it to the dive shop and let them inspect it.

You could ask how long it stays tight if fully inflated. Slow leaks can either be tolerated or repaired. Leak repairs can run a gamut of difficulty and expense, depending on the cause.

Heck, I've bought a couple of them for as little as ten dollars just for the bladders and they were sea-worthy. Use your credit card so you can cancel the payment if necessary.

As a dive guide,as long as it will, secure a tank , hold/release some air....buy it, use it as a back up or a 'save-a-dive item when you go pro.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Went to buy it and he had someone offer him full price for it so he sold it to them, oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom