Need opinions on drysuit fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schad060

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I made this account to get your opinions on the fit of a new Santi emotion suit I ordered (tailored to my measurements). It finally arrived from Poland.. but it feels super baggy, especially in the inseam length / leg girth area. Everything I read about this suit claimed the fit would be perfect, but I don't know if I feel comfortable diving with so much extra material in the lower half (and accepting the hefty price tag from a suit I'm not satisfied with).

I'm not crazy, right? It's a little hard to show in pictures but there's like a 5in difference in my inseam measurement vs the actual material in the drysuit (subtracting the height of the boots). It seems fairly baggy in other areas too.

Pics:
Imgur

Thanks

You say it arrived from Poland, but does that mean it was shipped directly to you from Santi? What I mean is, assuming you ordered it through a Santi dealer, you should have the dealer confirm the suit was actually constructed to the measurements Santi was given.

In my case, I ordered a Santi suit through a European dealer and sent the dealer my measurements (using Santi's measurement form and measuring instructions). When I received the suit (I picked it up in Europe while there on a visit for other things), it did not seem to match my measurements. It was only after a lot of wrangling with the dealer that it was discovered Santi had not made the suit to my measurements at all and had instead sent me a stock size. This is why I would never try that route again. Next time, I'm getting measured by the dealer so the dealer has the responsibility to make sure the suit I receive fits me perfectly.

Good to know.

I ordered through a dealer here in the US, but not local so I provided my own measurements. We've going back and forth for a while, sending pics and checking measurements and things but I've been getting some pushback saying that they think it fits me perfectly when I think it's clear it doesn't. I'm guessing I also received a stock size suit as well. Thx

Good to know.

I ordered through a dealer here in the US, but not local so I provided my own measurements. We've going back and forth for a while, sending pics and checking measurements and things but I've been getting some pushback saying that they think it fits me perfectly when I think it's clear it doesn't. I'm guessing I also received a stock size suit as well. Thx

In my case, Santi implied the dealer had never sent them the custom measurements I had sent to the dealer. Neither Santi nor the dealer ever gave me a clear statement of what they did or didn't do--they were careful (or vague) in how they worded everything. Neither took responsibility. As I said, never again.

FWIW, I think it looks like it's fitted properly on you. In the photos, what are you wearing underneath the suit? Most drysuits are sized for the thickest undergarments you'd ever wear, so in the case of Santi, I'm assuming they sized your suit with your measurements and accounted for the thickness of a BZ400 undersuit.

To be quite honest... it looks like it fits you well. I does look like you are wearing very little underneath.
Remember that the thought is that you ar supposed to be able to lay in trim, with bent knees AND reach your valves. The knees are completely streched when you sit down.

I have an emotion+, ordered as stock with 4 altered measurements including a custom measurement for the inseam. Your fit looks very familiar.
There must be enough material to allow sitting down without stretching the fabric. Otherwise it will restrict frog kicking in trim.
To me that looks like a typical Santi cut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom