Need Nitrox Diver Opinions: O2 Compensation Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patti Analox

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear Divers,
I need your opinion on a product improvement we are entertaining here at Analox Sensor Technology: When using temp and humidity to set your starting O2 calibration (O2EII, and the ATA), Analox has always provided the following compensation chart:
image231653.jpg

We are now considering the following simplified chart:
image231654.jpg

OK, you usual suspects: I know you can just use dry tank air. I need your opinion on the two charts. As always...thanks you guys!

Happy Holidays and Safe Diving!
Patti

Looks like the lumpers are having a go at the splitters. Being in the latter group I prefer the original chart as I don't need to get out a straight edge for those border zones.

I also like the green zone which can be quickly eyeballed to see if the humidity correction is needed.

Yeah, no lines make the second one guesswork without two pieces of paper

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't most O2 sensors temp compensated electronically?

I like the first (if I don't have an air tank available).

I like the first, but why not provide both?

I've never had a problem with the first one- the second one would be more readable with grid lines on it.

Stick with the original...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Back
Top Bottom