Need new hamster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Clearing cache, cookies, temp files has done no good.

I think the hamster is dying or the server is running on AAA batteries.

It might be your Windows 2000 machine. Can you get a whole Gig of ram in one of those. :D

I have no problems with Scubaboard speed. Is this site slower than others for you?

As one fumbling amateur to another, I find Advance System Care ran once a day helps a lot. Run the Expert mode and set it to automatically fix anything it thinks needs help. It's free, altho they will try to sell you other products at times. Download Advanced SystemCare Free

I also am always suspicious of my internet provider. I keep this page open on a tab and check it now and then: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's the board. Mine was very slow yesterday on 3 differnent computers and 2 different networks (one very high speed). I vote for replacing the hamster with a ground hog, much bigger :)

Yeah, Don, I'm on Window 7 on two different computers and it was still sucking yesterday. But today seems all better.

And yes, all other forums and web sites were running just fine. It was only SB that was trying my patience.

Today is a new day and we have double-clutched this pig once again into high speed. :D

Today is a new day and we have double-clutched this pig once again into high speed. :D
Have you ever drove a vehicle that required double clutching?! Not many in the US have. Maybe some survived longer in some places. We had one, almost as old as me.

We had one, almost as old as me.
That's called a wagon Don and it doesn't have a clutch. :D :D :D

20090312181524_120309-waggon.jpg

All kidding aside, it appears that everything has been operating quite nicely for over a week. I just checked the logs and we did not experience any unusual loads.

All kidding aside, it appears that everything has been operating quite nicely for over a week. I just checked the logs and we did not experience any unusual loads.

Might want to recheck things of Thursday afternoon, it was dreadfully slow then.

That's called a wagon Don and it doesn't have a clutch. :D :D :D
That is older than me, I promise. I have a vague childhood memory of riding on one with a neighbor, but then I might have dreamed that.

Some times SB pages don't open as fast as others, but generally it seems ok. I'm sure there are times of peak load with more users than usual, as well as times of server maintenance.

There's probably only a few old farts like us around that even know how to drive a vehicle with a clutch.

But back to the point, the problem may have been a networking issue, not a server issue. So depending on what your capture in your log Pete it may not show up. Poor network performance would actually show lower hit rates on the server.

But all is well again, so no harm, no foul.

Back
Top Bottom