Need New Computer Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EDT elapsed dive time on the main screen or one of the secondary screens that displays after you press a button ? To me it's a vital piece of information and I want to see it without having to press a button.

I saw somewhere that stated EDT was only on a secondary screen and ATR air time remaining is shown on the main screen. I prefer the opposite.

You are correct. EDT will only be displayed in the alternative display with press of some button. Then 10s later, it will revert back to main screen with EDT automatically.

One question I have not seen asked yet is exposure protection. what do you use for exposure protection on an average dive? The reason I ask is you are looking for "Watch style" but from my experience on the "watch style" the buttons are to small to use with gloves. I usually dive with 3ML gloves or heavier and last year I go the Hollis TX1 it can monitor up to 6 gasses. Also it is full trimex so if you ever grow into deco technical diving it will go with you. It is a Watch style if you like the BIG BLING kind of watches...LOL.

The SubGravity H3 has its buttons positioned on the corners , making easy access even with heavy gloves.

Cool I have never had a chance to use one. I do see sub-gravity in your signature so you either a rep for them or sell them so there may be some bias there?

Cool I have never had a chance to use one. I do see sub-gravity in your signature so you either a rep for them or sell them so there may be some bias there?

I am totally biased! I am one of the owners of the company! :)

I vaguely remember a post from a few years ago where it was suggested that Oceanic does not implicitly support checking your buddy's transmitter. It might've been some sort of legal thing but you'll notice they don't say you can in any of their descriptions. You would think it wouldn't matter whose carrying the transmitter as long as you're close enough but it's something to check on b4 purchase.

Otherwise I thought of Oceanic also when reading your requirements. Suunto's are too conservative even though the "D" series are all watch models.

The other option is a Liquivision Lynx - it's just not what I'd consider a "watch". I don't know if it actually tells time on the surface. Certainly meets your "readability" requirement.

As far as the Algorithm used, I did find this. I don't know what it means.

View attachment 211160
You'll have to get the Oceanic Atom 3.0, the Atom 3.1 is the revised model post lawsuit that won't check multiple transmitters mid dive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just contributed to this big writeup on Oceanic dive computers , some good opinions from fellow divers. the OC1 has a buddy check feature but holy hell is it expensive :p

Back
Top Bottom