Need more info on a regulator...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I looked everywhere online and found no results - just mostly stated "POSEIDON CYKLON 5000 REGULATOR". Do any of you know about "POSEIDON CYKLON SUPER 300 DEEP SEA DIVING REGULATOR"? What year this regulator 300 came out? I found one online for sale and thinking about buying it - but of course, I wanted to check with you guys first. :14:

ScubaJW:
I looked everywhere online and found no results - just mostly stated "POSEIDON CYKLON 5000 REGULATOR". Do any of you know about "POSEIDON CYKLON SUPER 300 DEEP SEA DIVING REGULATOR"? What year this regulator 300 came out? I found one online for sale and thinking about buying it - but of course, I wanted to check with you guys first. :14:

You are just out of luck. I just sold one on ebay last week. It is a DIN/yoke combo first stage. It seemed to breathe fine even after a decade stored in a bag. If I still had the manual, I could have scanned it in for you.

why not contact person you sold it too ask him to have it scananed and email it out to him.

the poesidon 300 series was one of the first regs
and are still serviceable
most divers like them for stage bottles
i serviced one of them last night
only problem with them is that the came out with a 200 bar din wheel and also the port holes have a
old style thread
you now have to buy a special adptor to make the hoses on the market now fit this reg
the 300 series was replaced by the 5000 series
the first stage can only handle 2 low pressure hoses
there is a tee that you can buy to add a extra hose

medic13:
why not contact person you sold it too ask him to have it scananed and email it out to him.
I might, if no one else can help this person out.

Hi,

I've got a Cyklon 300 with metal second stage. Bought it 26 years ago when I was 18 and novice in scube diving. It was the owner of the dive shop who recommended it. In this 26 years I only had it serviced 5 times... When Poseidon stoped making the metal second stages a few professional rescue divers from the fire deparatment wanted to buy my metal second stage. and ... they wanted to pay me more than what I paid for it.

... and then I tought.... If the professionals want it.. then I'll keep it. Only my best friend will have it.

Ciao
Itsme

Itsme:
Hi,

I've got a Cyklon 300 with metal second stage. Bought it 26 years ago when I was 18 and novice in scube diving. It was the owner of the dive shop who recommended it. In this 26 years I only had it serviced 5 times... When Poseidon stoped making the metal second stages a few professional rescue divers from the fire deparatment wanted to buy my metal second stage. and ... they wanted to pay me more than what I paid for it.

... and then I tought.... If the professionals want it.. then I'll keep it. Only my best friend will have it.

Ciao
Itsme

hi itsme
yes you made the right decision
they still make the all metal second stage
however the price for a complete second stage is 826.00
483.00 for the black or yellow
i would suggest that you have it serviced at least once per year
there is also a few upgrades for your first stage
most tech. divers like them for their stage bottles
i have 2 of them and will not part with them either
also they will work on other first stages
awesome second stage!
but the jetstream is better

bottomrunner:
hi itsme
i would suggest that you have it serviced at least once per year
there is also a few upgrades for your first stage
most tech. divers like them for their stage bottles
i have 2 of them and will not part with them either
also they will work on other first stages
awesome second stage!
but the jetstream is better

Thank you for the info. As soon as I am back home (which is Belgium, I'm in Sydney now) I will have my Cyklon 300 serviced and upgraded to most recent standards and made compatible with EAN 50 (and higher blends).

In addition... I was looking for a new second stage for my Cyklon 5000 (fist) with Cyklon 5000 octopus. So I will try the Jetstream 2nd on the Cyklon 5000 first. Or should I go for a Xstream 2nd instead of Jestream?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
Itsme

Itsme:
Thank you for the info. As soon as I am back home (which is Belgium, I'm in Sydney now) I will have my Cyklon 300 serviced and upgraded to most recent standards and made compatible with EAN 50 (and higher blends).

In addition... I was looking for a new second stage for my Cyklon 5000 (fist) with Cyklon 5000 octopus. So I will try the Jetstream 2nd on the Cyklon 5000 first. Or should I go for a Xstream 2nd instead of Jestream?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
Itsme

hi itsme
it all depends on how much you want to spend
the xstream second stage is much more compact
but they are both jetstream second stages
also the cracking pressure is set at a lower setting on the xstream
they are both great regs

Most tech divers in this area (Ontario Canada), are using Apex or Scubapro for stage bottles from what I see on a regular basis. We dont using them as they are an upstream regulator and in the cold waters when a poseidon freeflows which is not often but has happen it shuts down. However overseas alot are still using them Poseidons. Bottomrunner of all people knows the posideon and is giving you some solid advice, as well there was a special edition a few years back that was all metal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom