Need lite travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Need lite travel fins for bare foot-no booties. For snorkeling and diving. Prefer split design.

What is good?

My wife loves her Mares Volo Race Full Foot fins. They are very light. I have ancient Mares open heeled fins that are bigger, stiffer and weigh a ton. She has no difficulty keeping up with me. Not splits, however, but are so flexible that they probably behave somewhat like splits.

For a light weight open heel fin........

OMS Slipstreams seem to get lots of great comments........

OMS Drysuit Fins s

Like SP Jets but much lighter..........

Hope this helps............M

Apollo bio fins, available in white, black, and pink...

ForceFin Originals, Pros, or if you really want Splits the Foil Force. But I recommend the Pros, they are about $220 from Scuba.com or cheaper on ebay. The Pro will feel similar to the splits that you are used to but provide better propulsion at lower work loads and an absolute lack of cramping. Surface swimming effectively takes a little practice but is very effective once you have mastered it. Weight under 3# per pair, and about 18" long making them some of the easiest to pack scuba fins available. To be really smart, order them to fit your 3mm booties and get a pair of comfort insteps to wear them barefoot, one fin does it all.

I agree with the Force Fins. I have taken mine all over the world and they have given me years of good service.

yes
Force Fins
come to the dark side - we have cookies sea poo-69.jpg
you won't regret it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom