Need light fins for backpacking through Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lot's of good info there Meesier!
I think another consideration for me was that the stiffer fin didn't seem to "lag" so much if I lifted my foot underwater when in shallow water to walk. (Does that make sense??) I have occasionally desired to walk forward in fins in shallow water. No can do with the average fin, for sure!! When I did this the first time in Force fins the time lag (kind of like the shutter delay on older digital cameras!) caused me to literally step on the fin that was bent backwards before it snapped forward on the rebound stroke. Thank God they are bulletproof! (I guess I should thank you too Bob for making that way!!!)

I ended up walking on my backwards bent fins for 10 steps before I figured out to pause momentarily at the top of my step and let the fin catch up! BTW, never noticed a thing wrong with the fin after such brutal mistreatment! :thumb:

So I like the snappier fin! :D

This same problem occurs when trying to climb a ladder with the fins on. I have learned to pause just for a second after lifting the leg before inserting foot into the rung. :wink:

the "lag" that you speak of is exactly one of the points I was trying to make about the stiffer fins being prefered. when you kick and glide, the stiffness has less "lag" (to use your word) after the 2-3 kicks to get you moving.

thanks for the better word, sometimes I get lost when I write this stuff and my point isn't always clear.

the "lag" that you speak of is exactly one of the points I was trying to make about the stiffer fins being prefered. when you kick and glide, the stiffness has less "lag" (to use your word) after the 2-3 kicks to get you moving.

thanks for the better word, sometimes I get lost when I write this stuff and my point isn't always clear.

I understood you perfectly. And I can understand some folks not preferring what I do prefer. That is the beauty of the FF line. There is something for everyone even if you want beaver tails!! :D

1983%20ad_SB1.jpg

Another reason to consider Force Fins for travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom