Need kinder gentler small dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter31,

I assumed she had heard how good the diving was in Coz and would take a day trip over to the island.

If so, Aldora would certainly accommodate her schedule whatever time she might arrive.

The thought never occurred to me that she had dialed the wrong number.

Boy; I thought I was really diplomatic in my comments!

Not to make this "Whine and Cheese" but one of my peeves is when someone takes the time to reply to a thread someone started, its nice (as well as courteous) to say "thanks"

:cheers: Here's to ya dude!
I'd listen to ya if I had the time. What time is it anyway.

Hi, people, I thought I sent a reply yesterday but I'm really new to this forum stuff and get confused how to find things--like my reply. If in case it didn't get posted, thank you, I've been working lots of 12 shifts in ICU and just got the chance to reply. I am looking forward to being in Cancun/Cozumel--the cheapest package I found went to Cancun. I think I have settled on a dive shop but am not sure, i won't be renting a car and don't want to have to travel to Cozumel every day If I could leave from Cancun. I speak fluent Spanish but I want to reserve my time and energy for diving. Your replies have been extremely helpful. I hope this gets through. Do I really exist, or am I a figment of a piece of thread's imagination? Chris

Hi, people, I thought I sent a reply yesterday but I'm really new to this forum stuff and get confused how to find things--like my reply. If in case it didn't get posted, thank you, I've been working lots of 12 shifts in ICU and just got the chance to reply. I am looking forward to being in Cancun/Cozumel--the cheapest package I found went to Cancun. I think I have settled on a dive shop but am not sure, i won't be renting a car and don't want to have to travel to Cozumel every day If I could leave from Cancun. I speak fluent Spanish but I want to reserve my time and energy for diving. Your replies have been extremely helpful. I hope this gets through. Do I really exist, or am I a figment of a piece of thread's imagination? Chris

It's really not practical to stay in Cancun and dive Cozumel, if that is what you are saying. To get from Cancun to Cozumel is (at least) a three hour trip each way, and it would be expensive, too. To make a regular morning dive, you'd have to leave your Cancun hotel at 4:30 or 5 AM, and you'd probably get back about 5 PM, and you'd likely spend more money traveling than diving.

Agree w/ Gordon

If you want to dive, stay on Cozumel; its going to be waaaaay cheaper and much easier than going to Playa del Carmen or Cozumel to do so.

While diving exists in Cancun, why bother as you are close to some of the best diving anywhere.

And there are lots of "deals" now in Cozumel; if you stay in Cancun and dive a few days in Cozumel, thats going to eat up the dive and travel hassle budget.

Its just not a good plan as they are not really all that close; you are 45 min's to an hour to Playa (if you take a taxi vs the bus it will cost you $35 - 50 each way), then 40 min's on a ferry, then a taxi to whoever you are diving with - time to see if you can rebook on Coz.

But bet you figured that out from the replies to your post!! : )

Thanks...I'm stuck with staying in Cancun, I already, 3 weeks ago, paid for the package; I inquired about changing it to stay in Cozumel; it would cost me as much to change it as I payed for the whole package. I've arranged to go with a dive operator in Cancun , they go one day (2 dives) to Cancun, one day, 2 dives to Cozumel, and one day to the Cenotes. Does this sound like it will work or have I screwed everything up? I've dived in Thailand, Saudi, and the Channel Islands but never in Mexico so I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks, Chris

It is what it is - perhaps the time to ask was before you paid, because if you are a diver, Cozumel is so much better.

But who knows; you may find you really enjoy the cenotes (unique experience). And you could luck out in Cancun and have an excellent experence.

My bet is you will come back and book Cozumel next time.

Have a great trip!

Thanks...I'm stuck with staying in Cancun, I already, 3 weeks ago, paid for the package; I inquired about changing it to stay in Cozumel; it would cost me as much to change it as I payed for the whole package. I've arranged to go with a dive operator in Cancun , they go one day (2 dives) to Cancun, one day, 2 dives to Cozumel, and one day to the Cenotes. Does this sound like it will work or have I screwed everything up? I've dived in Thailand, Saudi, and the Channel Islands but never in Mexico so I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks, Chris

How is the dive company going to get you to Cozumel and back? It's about a 100 mile round trip. You'll have a good time regardless, I am sure, but you are posting on a Cozumel lovers' forum, and we all hate Cancun. :D

Cancun is (in my own admittedly biased opinion) where one goes in Mexico if one doesn't really want to go to Mexico. It's like Miami beach - all high rise hotels and raucous nightclubs. Cancun is all about the night life while Cozumel is all about the day life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom