Need kinder gentler small dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maqsix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I am an older woman, will be in Cancun April 20-24, would like to dive with a smaller operator so I am not rushed or crowded by a large group of divers. I am an experienced diver. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chris

I am not sure how much diving goes on in Cancun...would you be able to make it over to Cozumel for the day...you can't swing a tank w/o hitting a dive op there:D

Hi, I am an older woman, will be in Cancun April 20-24, would like to dive with a smaller operator so I am not rushed or crowded by a large group of divers. I am an experienced diver. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chris

Hi-I take it you are staying in the hotel zone. Email Ben@mayanaquadive he will be good for you. Just tell him what you need, it will happen.
I wish I was there with you. I dove with a woman in her early 70s just a while ago. That was a treat for me. She back rolled no prob. We took her gear off and she had very little help climbing up. I sure hope I'm doing that at that age and more. She did only have the strength for one dive though. Have fun!

Chris,

One option that works great is to take a class. I know you're an experienced diver, but there's always another "Put Another Dollar In" class you can take. That way, you get your own dive guide (instructor) and can do what you want to do. Very much like taking ski lessons so you don't have to wait in the lift lines.

You can also hire your own dive guide. No, you don't get a patch.

maqsix,

My wife and I have done several private charters with Aldora. They will dive on your schedule and dive sites best suited for you.

It costs a little more but it is cheap insurance to have the DM right there with you to keep an eye on things.

BTW, we are both 65+ and found Aldora to be very accommodating.

Hypersonic, I think she is staying in Cancun, and Aldora is based on Cozumel

That said, why Cancun - you post you are an experienced diver, so you know that the diving is better on Cozumel, and there are some great operators that would be willing to accomodate you

Tell me you won a trip, or are going w/ non diving friends or family, b/c there is no comparaison between the 2 places (and that includes Playa) as a dive destination - any possibility to change plans?

Don't take this wrong guys but it's been over a week since she asked about Cancun and hasn't responded to anyone's generously given advice. I think she realizes she "dialed the wrong number" by now. Nice try at getting her to switch, tho! :D
Boy; I thought I was really diplomatic in my comments!

Not to make this "Whine and Cheese" but one of my peeves is when someone takes the time to reply to a thread someone started, its nice (as well as courteous) to say "thanks"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom