- Reaction score
- # of dives
- 500 - 999
Thanks...I'm stuck with staying in Cancun, I already, 3 weeks ago, paid for the package; I inquired about changing it to stay in Cozumel; it would cost me as much to change it as I payed for the whole package. I've arranged to go with a dive operator in Cancun , they go one day (2 dives) to Cancun, one day, 2 dives to Cozumel, and one day to the Cenotes. Does this sound like it will work or have I screwed everything up? I've dived in Thailand, Saudi, and the Channel Islands but never in Mexico so I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks, Chris
Hi Chris, You haven't screwed everything up....Look at the positives...!!
1. You are getting away for a nice 4-5 day vacation. You mentioned you work 12 hour ICU shifts...that says it all...you deserve a break So, now you have a plane ride-which can be frustrating, but it is taking you away from it all. Sit back and enjoy the pretzels. At least your not at work.
2. You have a hotel stay which is a different surrounding and something new for a change.
3. You will be diving in Cancun one day and then over to Cozumel another day and then the Cenotes. At least you will be able to compare the three areas of diving.
4. You will travel by ferry to Cozumel. OK, this does take a few hours total out of your day, however, it is a boat ride and looking out over the water is pleasant. Use the time to meditate, relax and do nothing...A little bit of Nothing is a good thing to do on vacation.
5. You will have the experience of your Mexico diving under your belt and can decide where your future Mexico diving trips will be.
It will all turn out fine. It would be great to hear about your trip. In fact, don't be surprised if your not planning an exclusive Cozumel trip even before you are home. Of course, come back here to the Cozumel forum and visit with us before you make any concrete plans. We would be happy to tell all about our favorites and share ideas with you. Have a wonderful time ! Sue