Need information on diving in southern part of Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanchai

New
Reaction score
Is it safe to dive there? I know there are some packeges provided by local dive shops. The price is good. The resort seems attractive. Anyone has experience in diving theer? Many thanks!

Where is "there"?

GESA, I know the short name only. It takes 2-3 hours of travel on land from the Airport Davao.

GESA, I know the short name only. It takes 2-3 hours of travel on land from the Airport Davao.

you can fly directly to gensan from manila, and skip the land trip. unless, you're in davao already.

you can dive in davao too, there's a few dive ops there that do dives every weekend.

Try looking for Carabao Dive Center and Wind and Wave.

Yes, good diving in both GenSan and Davao. Davao City is a very safe place, and you have to get pretty far out of GenSan before security becomes a concern. If you have time it would be worth diving both areas, as you mentioned it only takes a few hours to travel between the two by public transportation. Davao is notable for good macro diving around Talikud island, and if you are lucky to be here when trips are going to the far side of Samal island to sites like Ligid and Aundanao the diving is really special. Gensan diving offers wall diving around Tinoto, macro at Maharlika Beach, and a few off shore reefs where on a lucky day you might see a few larger things like blacktip reef sharks and eagle rays.

I have been in Davao for a few months and heading to GenSan next week and am familiar with both places. Prices are attractive for the diving and the area is one of my favorite places to dive in the Philippines. Which resort are you looking at? If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer, althought it will be a few days before I'm back online...Gotta go diving all weekend:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom