Need Housing Suggestions for JVC camcorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a chance to purchase a very lightly used JVC "compact VHS" Camcorder (model GR-AXM910) from my parents (uses the VHS-C media).

Anyone got any suggestions for a housing for this camera? Please include feature details with your suggestions.

Thanks!!!

Check out Ikelite website. http://www.ikelite.com. They have alot of housings for different vidoe cameras. I'm not at work, so I don't have their catalog in front of me to let you know for sure.

Hope this helps.

I just got my JVC video camcorder and housing last week. From my research you'll probably get the best housing from Ikelite if they make one for your model camera. I was quite impressed with the enginerring of the housing and mine worked well this weekend in a local lake (Michigan mud puddle). Expect to pay between $700 and $950 for the housing depending on who you order through and then decide if that cost is worth investing for an older larger camcorder. The websites listed in the the other responses are good ones to check out for info on the housing.
Keep Blowing Bubbles.

Yeah, and the other option is to invest in a newer video cam with more bells/whistles and ability to put the results on line....

Sumthin to thunk about....Thanks for the answers........

I have two JVC Mini-DV cameras, and I am thinking about investing in an Ikelite housing for one of htem. I'd ratehr do the older one, but I haven't looked into it enough to know if they still offer a housing for it. (their original mini DV....GRDV-100 I think is the #)

Please let us know some more specifics, if you can, Odd.. I don't know anyone else who is using an ikelite video housing.

Mike,

scubabunny gave you good advice. That is an ageing camera and the Ikelite housing will hold its value and is relatively inexpensive in the housing market. As you heard on the NC trip I bought a backup camera/Ikelite housing for $600 bucks on eBay. So you may be better off to sell the camera and use the cash to fund a "package" deal. Please don't dump $3000+ in a system without first playing with some type of video.

Marc

PS. You can use my JVC/Ikelite system if you want to give it a try. But JoLynne will have it in the Galapagos in the next several days.

Marc...

Thanks for the offer to try out you're video setup. I will probably take you up on it very soon....especially for a check out dive at Terrell or Athens.

texas mike

My first post, If your still looking for a housing I have a used one in excellent shape and let go. I got in still photo's and don't ever shoot vidio anymore.

Puddle Jumper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom