Need help with wetsuit sizing please!! Inbetween 2 sizes..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armueller2001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm wanting to buy the Pinnacle 3mm Men's Shorty suit here
051377_big.jpg

The problem is, Im a bodybuilder so I've got some odd measurements. A 44" chest and a 34" waist. 5'10 inches tall, 200 lbs. Also I'm not sure how much the legs will stretch, but sometimes I have problems buying jeans that fit my legs without the waist being humongous.

Here's the 2 sizes I'm inbetween

MED LARGE
170-195 lbs
5'10"-6'0"
waist 32"-36"
chest 38"-42"

LARGE
185-210 lbs
6'0"-6'2"
waist 34"-37"
chest 40"-44"

So everything fits great on the Medium large except the chest, I'm 2" too big. On the large, I feel like the waist is going to be too big and the suit will be too long but the chest is in the measurement range.

Any advice? Will the chest stretch pretty good on the Med Large enough to accommodate 44"?

Thanks! :D

Buy the large and have it cut down, or get a custom suit to begin with.

I have similar dimensions. I always have to try wetsuits on and it's frustrating, time consuming and tiring to find a suit that fits. My medium neoprene shortie is a little tight in the chest & thighs and a little bit of a struggle to get in it but, once I zip it up, it is comfortable enough. For a full suit, I have not found a regular neoprene suit to fit correctly. I have a 5 mm medium made of ""high stretch"" neoprene suit that is easy to don, fits well and warm enough for me. If I were going to buy a shortie without trying it on, I would look at one of those "high stretch" models.

I have similar challenges, but for different reasons (too much junk in the trunk). I had to try on over a dozen suits from 5 or 6 different vendors to find a suit that fit me properly. (ended up with an Xcel XLS) I don't know if you have your mind set on the pinnacle, but if not, you might try another vendor. The other thing to keep in mind is that although the waist might be a touch too big, your arms and thighs should be a nice enough fit to minimize the water transfer. The best thing you can do is try on several suits to find one that will fit you properly. If you are sold on the Pinnacle, you will be better off with the L. Although the waist may be a touch too large, between the size or your arms and legs, I am sure you will make a good enough seal to minimize the water transfer. Also, if you go with the medium, you may be able to squeeze into it, but you will be limited in motion which is not a good spot to be in.

Thanks for the advice, I will probably get the Large.

I also have the problem with "junk in the trunk" (too much squatting!) haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom