Need help with packing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option might be UPS.
That way you could pack some of your gear in it's original packing, box it up and send it ahead.
You would need to check that your hotel would accept and store your gear, and that you could ship it home.

p.s. I use the Dennis method. Samsonite are my case of choice, pack clothes, wet suits etc on the outside, shoes on the bottom, delicate stuff in the middle.
Choose a case that is as deep as you can find, not necessary long or wide, that way you get more protection for the centre.

I always pack my dive gear in a canvas bag. Suitcases of any type are dead weight and with a typical 20kg allowance i cant afford to waste 25% of that just on the weight of a case. Just pack a computer in hand luggage (nothing else given 5kg limit often enforced), mask placed in neo boot or fin along with other delicate items, pack the suit along the outside to cushion the interior.

Ok, thanks everybody. I'll try this again later. My question just isn't getting through on this thread.

I only wanted suggestions for a carryon bag :)

I'll consider this thread closed.

Hmmm... I'll make a suggestion even after this is "closed"... what about FedEx or other delivery company? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom