Need help with Manhattan dive shop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kent_1848

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a friend who lives in Manhattan, NY and is looking to get into scuba diving. Anyone have any recommendations for her as far as a dive shop? She wants to join us on a trip over labor day.

Thanks,
Kent

Pan Aqua on West 43rd Street. I did my classroom/pool work with them. A bit pricey for the basic gear, but the instructors were excellent. One of the pools they use - the Manhattan Plaza Health Club, has a large pool - great for practicing in.

http://www.adventurescubany.com/ )90th and York W/ The pool right across the street) did my training, and we had fun while doing it. The owner is concerned with getting you the right gear, not what's most profitable. PM me and I'll give ya the lowdown on the instructors I know.

Blue Water Divers in NJ (Ridgewood, just north of Paramus) offers 1 weekend "executive" courses with check out dives at Dutch Springs. I believe the course in about 250 plus books and required basic equipment.

Pan Aqa and Adventure scuba are your best options for new divers in Manhattan. Both shops are friendly. Pan Aqua has a pool on location and the instructors are excellent. These two shops are easily the most friendly shops in Manhattan. Some others are decent but never gave me a welcome feeling. Some are very tech driven. SOme are just plain HORRIBLE but I won't name any names. Be ready for Manhattan sticker shock at any shop like others have said, lol.

we are located on city island in the Bronx..captain mikes diving..can get you a schedule that may work for you..718 885 1588..full service facility ..We have people from Brooklyn and Manhattan come up here to train..most experienced instructors in area by far..Owner former NYPD scuba team detective.I have been teaching since 1971.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom