Need help with FLA dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be spending a week and a half driving through FLA in early June and need suggestions as to the best dive sites to hit. I will only be doing beach / dock dives and not taking boat charters as I am traveling on a budget. I got all my own gear and am open to anything from the top of FLA to the tip of Key West.

Thanks,

Dan T

If the state is your doorstep, then your options are very numerous indeed. Check out the insiders thread for information about some of our favorite dive sites.

Beachdiving is best in the southeast, namely Broward County/Ft. Lauderdale area. Beach diving on the west coast is shark tooth diving in Venice. Springs are located in central and North Florida.
Pick up Ned Deloachs Guide to Diving in Florida. If you make it down this way, let us know, we are always up for a beach dive!

Do you want salt or fresh; does it matter? Salt-I enjoyed the boiler wreck in Vero Beach. Fresh-there are numerous springs throughout the state to enjoy. Many are in state parks and many of us have the year membership to the parks that allow us to get in free with up to 8 people in the car. Let me know if you decide you want to try one of those.

fookisan:
Hi,

I will be spending a week and a half driving through FLA in early June and need suggestions as to the best dive sites to hit. I will only be doing beach / dock dives and not taking boat charters as I am traveling on a budget. I got all my own gear and am open to anything from the top of FLA to the tip of Key West.

Thanks,

Dan T
You can go ahead and scratch the Keys off of your list, as there is no shore diving here to speak of. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea offers good beach diving. Enjoy!

CBulla:
If the state is your doorstep, then your options are very numerous indeed. Check out the insiders thread for information about some of our favorite dive sites.

Thanks for making the insider thread - very useful!

Dan

Scuba_Jenny:
Beachdiving is best in the southeast, namely Broward County/Ft. Lauderdale area. Beach diving on the west coast is shark tooth diving in Venice. Springs are located in central and North Florida.
Pick up Ned Deloachs Guide to Diving in Florida. If you make it down this way, let us know, we are always up for a beach dive!

Thanks Scuba_Jenny for the info - where can I buy Ned's guide? You write: "Beach diving on the west coast is shark tooth diving in Venice." Do you mean there are shark problems on the west coast?

Dan

KeyLargoBrent:
You can go ahead and scratch the Keys off of your list, as there is no shore diving here to speak of. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea offers good beach diving. Enjoy!

I thought the Keys would be good for beach diving. Is snorkeling bad in the keys as well, as my kid does not dive, but he snorkels? What about Key Largo and the Pennekamp nature park?

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom